03-19-2017, 02:44 AM
User Info
Yea! Just like taking home the prom queen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 410
 03-19-2017, 04:16 PM
User Info
I have a few "luxury" razors and soaps and enjoy them. I also have several vintage razors and inexpensive soaps that cost very little by comparison but provide a great shave. I find the value is more about the variety of experience rather than one being inherently better than another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

0 48
 03-23-2017, 11:50 AM
User Info
I do not believe luxury grooming products are worth the money or give you a better shave.

I use Santa Maria Novella shave soap, Antica barbiera Colla apricot balm, a Paladin brush, and a Stealth Slant razor

and my shaves are just as good if not better than they would be with any overrated, overpriced shaving products;D

7 173
 03-23-2017, 01:07 PM
User Info
I have no hesitation laying out top dollar for interesting hardware, but am loathe to spend more than $19 for a a soap or cream. I enjoy the scents and performance of tons of soaps and creams under $15.

At the end of the day, for me, DE wet shaving itself, with any kit that works, is a luxurious activity. 

This idea has recently been enforced while considering a travel setup. What I love about DE shaving is having all the relevant gear on hand and being able to take my time and enjoy the process and the outcome. I'm never going to enjoy it as much in a hotel as I do at home. So for now, I stick with cartridges when traveling.

0 31
 03-23-2017, 01:21 PM
User Info
(03-23-2017, 11:50 AM)Batmanacci Wrote: I do not believe luxury grooming products are worth the money or give you a better shave.

I use Santa Maria Novella shave soap, Antica barbiera Colla apricot balm, a Paladin brush, and a Stealth Slant razor

and my shaves are just as good if not better than they would be with any overrated, overpriced shaving products;D

My dear friend;

Nice setup you have!

It would be considered expensive by most, middle of the road by some, and on a budget by a little few. But must of all would agree that traditional wet shaving in general is a luxury.

We can have a great shave with arko, plissoft, merkur, etc. The luxury is not in the money involved, at least for me!

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 410
 03-30-2017, 07:04 PM
User Info
The luxury for me is having the time to enjoy it, rather than it being an nuisance to be done with before I can get out the door and on with the day.

That usually means making time for it early in the morning before my wife gets up. Same as an early morning walk around the park on a crisp autumn morning - it is a joy walking at 6am when no one is around. Time, and peace and quiet, is the real luxury for me

That said -  sure like my MdC Fougere. Expensive to buy, but boy it is nice to use, and it lasts a very, very long time. 

Regards
Andrew

0 35
 03-31-2017, 07:51 AM
User Info
(03-30-2017, 07:04 PM)Andrew George Wrote: The luxury for me is having the time to enjoy it, rather than it being an nuisance to be done with before I can get out the door and on with the day.

That usually means making time for it early in the morning before my wife gets up. Same as an early morning walk around the park on a crisp autumn morning - it is a joy walking at 6am when no one is around. Time, and peace and quiet, is the real luxury for me

That said -  sure like my MdC Fougere. Expensive to buy, but boy it is nice to use, and it lasts a very, very long time. 

Regards
Andrew

Im with you a 100%. The luxury is the time and the zen attitude. Sometimes its the only time in the day i spend with myself.

I wanted to thank you for having me look at MdC again. Initially i thought it was too expensive, but now.... 200g, it last a loooongo time... im in.

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 410
 03-31-2017, 04:45 PM
User Info
Good morning Pepe

You are most welcome. If you think MdC is expensive - try living in Australia! Air freight from France adds to the cost. I usually buy a few things from MdC to leverage the Air Freight - I like their Shampoo and their guest soaps - they make wonderful gifts. 

Happy shaving.

0 35