02-13-2017, 05:48 AM
User Info
Hello Nookers;

I am 47 years old.  Most of my facial hair is black.  Some of it its white (or gray).  Not yet what you would call salt and pepper, but almost there.

You can call me all kinds of crazy, but when i shave my neck (the rest of the beard stays there, jeje) i notice that the blade takes out absolutely all of the black whiskers.  Super close. Gone. Fini.  The white -or gray- ones are cut too, but not as close.  Not remotely as close.  This never happens to me with a straight.  When i stretch my skin up, you can feel them, and you can certainly see them.  The ones that are left are All White.

Does anybody else get that?  Is there an explanation?  Is there a remedy?

I thank you all beforehand.

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 479
 02-13-2017, 08:17 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
My beard is now mostly white with some dark hairs scattered about. This is an interesting phenomenon I haven't experienced. Does this happen with all razor/blade combinations?

7 2,151
 02-13-2017, 08:27 AM
User Info
It happens with safety razors, but most markedly with Rx with feather pro guard blades.

I just shaved my head with the same razor, but with kay captain titan mild, protouch mg. Its a guarded blade also. And i know that the head its a different ball park, but so far it is the best head shave i have had ever, by a long stretch. Keep in mind i had the razor only for a few days...

The thing is that yesterday i shaved with the feather wtg, xtg and atg. It was bbs with a little blood. You know, the one that goes away with the water you use to rinse the remainder of the soap. (Bbbs) jaja. So this morning i used the same combination but i went wtg, xtg and then xtg in the other direction. I had the same result. So, today i put the kay on and i cant wait for tomorrow to come to see how it does in my face.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 479
 02-13-2017, 09:18 AM
User Info
In my experience these white hair are not as hard compared to other hair on face.They are very thin and hence are able to dodge a cart or a DE.

When you use a straight, they are exposed and have not much of a choice but to get destroyed.

1 803
 02-13-2017, 05:52 PM
User Info
Just dye those hairs black and you're all set Wink

Some of my silver whiskers are more stubborn, which is why I shave with an aggressive razor & sharp blade.

28 1,093
 02-13-2017, 05:55 PM
User Info
Dear Mike;

Thats a good idea right there. Is the asylum rx with the feather pro guard plenty sharp? Whatdayathink??? :-)

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 479
 02-13-2017, 06:36 PM
User Info
How about a feather pro-super instead Smile
Pro-guards are milder, yes?

28 1,093
 02-13-2017, 07:22 PM
User Info
I think so. Then again, plenty aggressive, i think.

0 479
 02-13-2017, 08:42 PM
User Info
I used pro's and pro-guards when I shaved with SE blades, and they were on point. GSB's, and KAI for DE. Those will get 'r done.

28 1,093
 02-13-2017, 09:41 PM
User Info
How many passes do you make? Have you mapped your beard?

I'm well on my way to having mostly grey/white hairs and I get a BBS with 2 1/3 passes. Like Mike I love aggressive razors and sharp/smooth blades. Mostly vintage SE razors, but a few DE razors work for me.

32 6,459