02-13-2017, 09:51 AM
User Info
I believe I saw a thread regarding this soap.  If I remember right, some said that they had a problem creating a good lather and attributed it too hard water.  I live in LA and we have very hard water.However, I use distilled water which costs approximately $.99 per gallon and great great lather especially from hard triple milled tallow soaps.  The photos below are from this morning using Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

[Image: GgXanSP.jpg]

[Image: svAKxT0.jpg]

0 236
 02-13-2017, 09:57 AM
User Info
I used the cream for a while but unfortunately it burned my face. Such a shame cause the scent was amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

115 1,005
 02-13-2017, 11:57 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I don't have a problem building lather and we have very hard water also.  I just REALLY load the brush. Wink

47 1,901
 02-13-2017, 04:28 PM
User Info
As with many other soaps, that will cause problems for some Gents, I blelieve now it's not only hard water causing lather problems, but some chemicals in the water and/or in our skin, that will cause the lather to crash before it's even had a chance to build up.

I never tried this soap, but only two soaps out of 300-400 soaps I have tried crashed on me: MWF and Lea Classic

24 5,842
 02-13-2017, 05:51 PM
User Info
(02-13-2017, 04:28 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: As with many other soaps, that will cause problems for some Gents, I blelieve now it's not only hard water causing lather problems, but some chemicals in the water and/or in our skin, that will cause the lather to crash before it's even had a chance to build up.

I never tried this soap, but only two soaps out of 300-400 soaps I have tried crashed on me: MWF and Lea Classic

I have both MWF and Lea and I have no problems.  Maybe my body chemistry works with these.  Or maybe, it's the distilled water.  I do have a soap that may fit into your description.  It's Edwin Jagger.  I have two of them and I can not get them to lather and I have had one of them for years.  They just sit there and do nothin.

0 236
 02-14-2017, 10:18 AM
User Info
That lather still looks bubblier than I like my lathers to look, to be honest. 

The scent of Spanish Fig and Nutmeg is amazing.  They have the scent in a bath soap and also in a cologne, for those who want to expand their experience with this wonderful scent.  I would love it if somebody like Dr. Jon or another of our wonderful artisans would recreate this scent in a better soap base.

2 1,390
 02-14-2017, 12:19 PM
User Info
(02-14-2017, 10:18 AM)kingfisher Wrote: That lather still looks bubblier than I like my lathers to look, to be honest. 

The scent of Spanish Fig and Nutmeg is amazing.  They have the scent in a bath soap and also in a cologne, for those who want to expand their experience with this wonderful scent.  I would love it if somebody like Dr. Jon or another of our wonderful artisans would recreate this scent in a better soap base.

This lather took about 32 seconds, another 32 seconds and it would look much different.

0 236