02-17-2017, 08:06 PM
User Info
(02-17-2017, 06:48 AM)minimalist Wrote:
DudeAbides..... If I'm in the mood I'll play records..... that requires me to walk out in between passes and flip it over [emoji1 Wrote:pid='778266' dateline='1487342358']

~Royce

Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo here.

~Royce

4 377
 02-17-2017, 08:13 PM
User Info
I like things quiet, so I can hear the razor work.  Thumbsup

0 263
 02-17-2017, 09:57 PM
User Info
(02-17-2017, 08:13 PM)TobyC Wrote: I like things quiet, so I can hear the razor work.  Thumbsup

Ditto!  Biggrin , I like music when I bath, but I stop the music once I start lathering... Maybe I should try orchestra music one day.

0 176
 02-18-2017, 03:43 PM
User Info
John Cage, 4′33″. Wink

0 85
 02-18-2017, 04:13 PM
User Info
the voices in my head  

Smile

17 1,418
 02-18-2017, 07:16 PM
User Info
I used to play Miles Davis for my relaxing Saturday morning shave, but made a big change last month:  Patsy Cline.  I know I'll go back to blues or jazz, but for now I sure love her music while I apply the hot towels.

Now, if only I had time for a "Saturday morning" shave every day...

1 399
 02-18-2017, 07:35 PM
User Info
(02-18-2017, 07:16 PM)David Wrote: I used to play Miles Davis for my relaxing Saturday morning shave, but made a big change last month:  Patsy Cline.  I know I'll go back to blues or jazz, but for now I sure love her music while I apply the hot towels.

Dear Dave;

If you had time for a Saturday morning shave every day, it wouldn't be special.

We all know what you mean. I other words we all love it same as you. But, for the same reason we have rotations, we like to keep under our sleeve a special one.

For example. The governor appointed me district attorney once again. The morning i had to go to the senate to be confirmed was special. That is why you boil water and take out the G-20, and take out the smiling Damascus straight. You know, the special stuff. If we all did not had any reason, we all would be shaving with a good news without soap, which i did for more than 30 years.

Now, for my next shave i will play Kind of Blue in honor of your post.

You know what? I keep my first DE in the rotation, the twenty bucks Van der Hagen butterfly for a reason that has all meaning now: to keep me honest. The reason is this: it makes me wake up 5:30 in the morining, because i know if i keep sleeping i will have to shave with it because of the time, and i dont want to do that. I want to use the asylums, the b&r, the timeless, the rockwell, the att, etc...

So, the time you have. Wake up a little earlier for it!

God bless,

Pepon

P. D. David, i dont know you. For all i know you could be my grandpa. All i said was said with respect and good intention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 479
 02-20-2017, 06:43 AM
User Info
(02-18-2017, 07:35 PM)carlospppena Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 07:16 PM)David Wrote: I used to play Miles Davis for my relaxing Saturday morning shave, but made a big change last month:  Patsy Cline.  I know I'll go back to blues or jazz, but for now I sure love her music while I apply the hot towels.

Dear Dave;

If you had time for a Saturday morning shave every day, it wouldn't be special.

We all know what you mean. I other words we all love it same as you. But, for the same reason we have rotations, we like to keep under our sleeve a special one.

For example. The governor appointed me district attorney once again. The morning i had to go to the senate to be confirmed was special. That is why you boil water and take out the G-20, and take out the smiling Damascus straight. You know, the special stuff. If we all did not had any reason, we all would be shaving with a good news without soap, which i did for more than 30 years.  

Now, for my next shave i will play Kind of Blue in honor of your post.

You know what? I keep my first DE in the rotation, the twenty bucks Van der Hagen butterfly for a reason that has all meaning now:  to keep me honest. The reason is this:  it makes me wake up 5:30 in the morining, because i know if i keep sleeping i will have to shave with it because of the time, and i dont want to do that. I want to use the asylums, the b&r, the timeless, the rockwell, the att, etc...  

So, the time you have. Wake up a little earlier for it!

God bless,

Pepon

P. D. David, i dont know you. For all i know you could be my grandpa. All i said was said with respect and good intention.

You're right.  Shaving is a meditative experience for me when I take the time to do it properly.  It balances me, and starts the day off from a positive position.

Today is Family Day in Ontario—so it's an official holiday.  I just finished a 35-minute shave!   Ahhhhh, I could never have imagined such a thing back in "the old days" with my Good News and can of spray-on lather.

1 399
 02-20-2017, 07:37 AM
User Info
Being in India and in line with the general temperament of the lady of the house it is devotional songs (called bhajans) in the morning. I myself prefer them in the mornings. Helps me focus and charge batteries for the day.

House, electro, pop etc is for my car while driving to office and ofcourse while coming back ..

1 800
 02-20-2017, 08:32 AM
User Info
(02-20-2017, 06:43 AM)David Wrote: You're right.  Shaving is a meditative experience for me when I take the time to do it properly.  It balances me, and starts the day off from a positive position.

Today is Family Day in Ontario—so it's an official holiday.  I just finished a 35-minute shave!   Ahhhhh, I could never have imagined such a thing back in "the old days" with my Good News and can of spray-on lather.

Dear David;

Today -being presidents day-  i woke up early and did my ¨Kind of Blue¨ shave.  Therefore, i wanted to use any blue themed gear that i have and found out that i don't have any, except Aqua Velva aftershave, an old classic, which performed as always.  Oh, wait.  I am also wearing Nautica cologne, which is blue.  

It was phenomenal.  To keep up with the spirit of the album i chose every component on a whim:  for all practical matters it was improvisation.  I took Czech and Speake Oxford just because it was sitting on top of all the soaps. For the razor i broke rotation and went for the Barbaros and Rocnel adjustable, set at 3. Two pass bbs. Pretty good for the Gillette Silver BLUE. Jajajaj...  I did not break rotation with that. I have been using it for a week.  I really like it.

I play bass.  So i missed the Kid, Mr. Paul Chambers due to the low volume i used.  I wanted to listen to the razor.  So i concentrated in my other favorite:  Billy Evans, even when i like him better with Eddie Gomez, who is considered one of the best bass player of all time and who also in puertorican, god bless his soul.  Coltrane did not wanted him (Evans) on Davies´ band because he was white (this all happened before the civil rights movement of the mid sixties).  So, Coltranes interact musically with everyone except Evans, while Cannonball seems to plays the diplomat part. It is extremely expontaneous.  And that was Miles´genius:  he did not rehearse the charts.  For all practical matters its a one take album.

I came out of it uplifted.  I thank you very much for the inspiration.  

Best regards, 

Pepe Peña

P.d.  You won't believe that yesterday night and today we are planning a tour of Ontario a Quebec for this year vacation.  :-)

0 479
 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM
  • carvelo
  • Puerto Rico
User Info
(02-14-2017, 10:14 PM)carlospppena Wrote: Thanks for your replies. I love most of what you guys mention. Dont know if i want to the shave listening to Maiden or AC/DC, which i love. But to all its own!

The thing with harder genders of rock is that you have to pump up the volume to feel the enery of the music... bla, thats my milage...!!!

No way. By the way, I heard that Maiden will return to Puerto Rico this year.

18 415
 02-21-2017, 04:25 PM
User Info
(02-21-2017, 04:00 PM)carvelo Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 10:14 PM)carlospppena Wrote: Thanks for your replies. I love most of what you guys mention. Dont know if i want to the shave listening to Maiden or AC/DC, which i love. But to all its own!

The thing with harder genders of rock is that you have to pump up the volume to feel the enery of the music... bla, thats my milage...!!!

No way. By the way, I heard that Maiden will return to Puerto Rico this year.

Lets rock!

0 479
 02-24-2017, 10:21 AM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Kurt Cobain. When his wife killed him she killed music.

5 527
 02-24-2017, 12:19 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
Well, I am now a morning shaver, and, as I take my shave starting at around 3:30 in the morning, I am quiet, as to allow my room mates, and, neighbors to continue sleeping.  

However, up until recently, quite recently, actually, I was an evening shaver.  I played New Wave, New Romantic, Cold Wave, Sophisti-Pop, Dream Pop, Minimalist, Classical, Neo-Classical, and, Ambient.

1 589
 02-26-2017, 06:20 PM
User Info
Being a huge fan of bebop, I often go with Charlie Parker or Bud Powell on the weekends. On weekdays, at 5 am, it's pure, meditative silence for my family's sake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 64
 02-27-2017, 05:59 PM
User Info
(02-26-2017, 06:20 PM)cyjazz Wrote: Being a huge fan of bebop, I often go with Charlie Parker or Bud Powell on the weekends. On weekdays, at 5 am, it's pure, meditative silence for my family's sake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nice handle!

0 479
 02-27-2017, 06:02 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
 02-27-2017, 06:07 PM
User Info
I find the following artists relax me on my Sunday shaves:
Sade
Robert Plant
Marvin Gaye

0 39
 02-27-2017, 06:46 PM
User Info
Depends on my mood. I range from classical to metal. Lately it's been 5 Finger death punch or Tool. Helps get me going at 5AM.

147 3,537
 02-27-2017, 06:47 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(02-27-2017, 06:46 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: Depends on my mood. I range from classical to metal. Lately it's been 5 Finger death punch or Tool. Helps get me going at 5AM.

Tool is awesome!

102 18,652