04-18-2018, 06:36 PM
User Info
(02-15-2017, 04:02 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 09:39 PM)carlospppena Wrote: Hello Nookers;

One basic tip that I learned by myself (not soon enough) is to turn the water off, so you can listen to your razor.  In straight razors they talk about singing blades, imagine that!

That being said, i read a while ago right here in TSN that playing some music while you shave is a good way to make the whole experience a little better.  

So, i blended both tips and now I play music in my iPad at less than half the volume.  Just enough to hear it, not so much that you don't listen to your razor.  

Simple question:  what music do you play while shaving?

I play jazz.  Mostly Al Jareau (rest in peace) my favorite singer of all time, who passed away recently;  and Anita Baker, so powerful and sexy!

Al Jarreau was a favourite of mine, when I grew up. Very few knew him here in Denmark, even less know him now.
If I had to pick one favourite track overall, not just with AJ, but overall best track, AJ's Golden Girl might be The One.

I also was a big Anita Baker fan, especially when I was a teen from 1988 and 5-6 years into the 90's I listened to her music a lot. As with AJ very few knew her music in Denmark, even less know her now.

As a white Dane, probably 75% of the music I listen to are black music (R&B, Funk, Soul, Smooth jazz, Hiphop and blues)

I have a broad taste in music.
I can go from listening to Armin Van Bureen, Paul van Dyk and other trance/electro music one minute, to hard Hiphop the other minute to smooth jazz and end up with Jimi Hendrix and The Doors before I need silence

I prefer smooth jazz and easy going pop music, played at low volume, while I shave though.
It's important for me to hear my whiskers get cut, especially during the last pass, so low volume is preferred.

I'm also often a late evening/night time shaver, and can't wake up the girl friend.
anita baker helped me land my wife. so a big plus on that.  can't have music while shaving though. love the razor sound

78 1,406
 04-20-2018, 12:07 PM
User Info
(02-14-2017, 09:39 PM)carlospppena Wrote: Hello Nookers;

One basic tip that I learned by myself (not soon enough) is to turn the water off, so you can listen to your razor.  In straight razors they talk about singing blades, imagine that!

That being said, i read a while ago right here in TSN that playing some music while you shave is a good way to make the whole experience a little better.  

So, i blended both tips and now I play music in my iPad at less than half the volume.  Just enough to hear it, not so much that you don't listen to your razor.  

Simple question:  what music do you play while shaving?

I play jazz.  Mostly Al Jareau (rest in peace) my favorite singer of all time, who passed away recently;  and Anita Baker, so powerful and sexy!

Oh so many songs on my iPhone. Ranging from Doo Wop to Dvorak, with a little Bob Dylan , Herbie Mann and Dave Brubeck among others.

0 15