02-16-2017, 06:02 PM
User Info
Saw the newly released Cremo Lathering shave cream in Sandalwood scent at Target today - thought I would grab it and see it it was any good. While I applaud Cremo for bringing a lathering cream to the market (along with a Cremo branded Vie Long horse hair brush) -- the cream gives a good "sudsy" lather but nothing of any decent density or with any "peaks" or slickness.

It other words, A for effort, A+ for presentation and packaging and A++ for top notch, entry level brush -- but this cream falls short of producing a good lather. I would almost bet that someone at Cremo said "we need to get our brushless cream formula to lather up a bit" and whatever ingredients that could be added to make it foam with a brush was as far as they went.

It smells really good, actually it's a pretty outstanding sandalwood scent (better than Proraso Red and DR Harris Sandalwood in my opinion).

I had high hopes .....

102 1,533
 02-16-2017, 06:04 PM
User Info
Thanks for the report.  This was an intriguing entry into the budget category...too bad.

19 1,783
 02-16-2017, 06:34 PM
User Info
Interesting.  Thanks for the report.

50 6,414
 02-17-2017, 10:33 AM
User Info
Hi all, Matt here from Cremo Company.  Thanks for the review!  I want to let you know that we hear your feedback and are already working on improving the formula of our Lathering Shave Cream.  We'll be improving the lathering component using some of the best-selling premium lathering shave creams as a benchmark.  Our goal is to offer the highest quality lathering shave experience at an affordable price.

Look for the new formula in the next couple months.  We'll be sure to let everyone know once it hits shelves (on packaging and online).

Thanks!
Matt
Cremo Company

0 1
 02-17-2017, 03:03 PM
User Info
I LOVE Cremo Cream Cooling (red too) and will definitely be keeping an eye on the new products. It is also great that they are available locally. I will probably end up with one of those brushes soon. Thanks for posting Matt!

9 169
 02-17-2017, 07:01 PM
User Info
Like I said -- I had high hopes because your brushless cream is excellent stuff!

Should we expect more than just the sandalwood scent when you arrive at an improved formula? The cooling would be a wonderful one as well!

If you need testers -- TSN has plenty Smile

102 1,533
 02-22-2017, 07:41 AM
User Info
(02-17-2017, 10:33 AM)cremomatt Wrote: Hi all, Matt here from Cremo Company.  Thanks for the review!  I want to let you know that we hear your feedback and are already working on improving the formula of our Lathering Shave Cream.  We'll be improving the lathering component using some of the best-selling premium lathering shave creams as a benchmark.  Our goal is to offer the highest quality lathering shave experience at an affordable price.

Look for the new formula in the next couple months.  We'll be sure to let everyone know once it hits shelves (on packaging and online).

Thanks!
Matt
Cremo Company

I bought the cream last week and have shaved with it 4 times. Decent shave but no cushion,watery lather. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS????  Ronkey

0 55
 02-22-2017, 07:47 AM
User Info
I enjoy their original cream on those days I want a quick shave, especially when I use a (gasp) disposable razor.  Having the added choices of a nice scent and (soon) more lather might lead to a new purchase - like I need it.  Tongue

73 4,338
 02-22-2017, 10:32 AM
User Info
I purchased the sandalwood shaving creme and I really like it better then the concentrate. Yes, it doesn't have the lather others have but it is without question the slickest creme or soap I have used and I have used most of them. If you have problems with soap or creme drying out, all you need is to apply the brush with a little dip of water and the slickness returns. I use a straight razor and shave every day. Would I like a little more lather, it would be nice but the slickness offsets this with a really quality shave with no irritation. I have sensitive skin with a heavy beard and this gave me the best shave. The real test came when I applied my alum bloc, no burning. Can't beat the price.

6 166