02-20-2017, 08:28 AM
User Info
Just throwing this out there for opinions. I use to believe that FedEx was the best way to ship items. Now I noticed (may have going on a long time) the use of FedEx SmartPost to deliver my packages. I saw this and was curious what exactly it is. It is the partner ship between the USPS and FedEx. A partnership between two great thing are great; like peanut butter and jelly, coffee and doughnuts, or bacon and eggs. But to partner with lower quality just shows impending doom like Sear and Kmart. I know USPS works, but it works very poorly. Why would FedEx partner with USPS? It's similar to ordering breakfast and getting premium Canadian bacon with powdered eggs. Well that's just my thoughts.

0 595
 02-20-2017, 08:35 AM
User Info
I have serious disdain for Fedex SmartPost. USPS has failed me many times. Fedex has never skipped a beat. An odd partnership, to be sure.

157 1,009
 02-20-2017, 09:08 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I think UPS and DHL have a similar partnership with USPS. Some overseas shipments are shipped to me via DHL but are delivered by USPS.

45 17,982
 02-20-2017, 11:14 AM
User Info
I'm not exactly certain as to how it works, but I'd be willing to wager that it saves the shipper $.

I know with UPS/USPS the brown truck shows up at USPS and drops off a load of packages. That way UPS doesn't need to make all of the stops and drive around.

The only thing that burns me up about it is that awhile back UPS tracking would inform me that the package had been delivered and it hadn't been delivered to me. They meant it had been delivered to USPS but the tracking computer hadn't been programmed to spit those words out.

32 6,424