02-20-2017, 04:05 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
[Image: z0buvjx.jpg]
It has been 4 months since I've purchased the RX (and the ATT se1). When I received the razor I began experimenting with different blades looking to make the RX a daily shaver. A few months ago I wrote that I found 2 blades that tamed this razor for me for daily use, the Kai Mild PreTouch and the Feather Pro Guard. I also changed out the handle to a thicker handle SS 90 x 14 which I prefer over the original.

As far as my razor rotation there were 7 until this past weekend in-which I realized I've only been regularly using 3-4 razor over the last 3 months. A Wolfman SS DC standard, BBS 1, the RX and the occasional usage of the BB. I also realized that I've been reaching for the RX more often then the others.For myself I strive for a smooth, close, no irritation daily BBS which the RX is giving me. I have to say you can have the best made razor in the world without the right blade the razor will not live up to your expectations and render nothing but disappointment in the razor. Put in the right blade and it will elevate that razor to the status of the gods, a most beautiful shaver. The RX with the right blade holds that lofty status for me these last months. 

P.S. Last week I ordered the new Bullgoose AEvo which I will compare to my other DE's (not the SE), where there is an established high standard.

Happy shaving gents.

50 413
 02-20-2017, 04:15 PM
User Info
I am finding the same thing.  My setup is the Asylum Rx with a Kai Mild blade and stock handle.  Great shaves.  Glad it's delivering on the shaves for you!  Your Rx with the larger handle looks great!

[Image: EWjzuCN.jpg]

15 1,187
 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM
User Info
Good to hear that this razor has worked out so well for you Steven.  Interesting that you prefer a different handle, and just shows how a handle can completely change one's perception of a razor.  By the way, I find that Paladin Natchez Trace soap to the excellent.

48 5,727
 02-20-2017, 08:02 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I like 85 to max 96 usually stay around 90, dia 14 feels just right for me, changes the RX balance and preasure I apply. I agree with you about the Paladin soap I really like it,s shave qualities as well as the scent (very pleasant not overpowering) I just purchased Silk Road hope I like the scent.

50 413