02-21-2017, 12:37 PM
User Info
This is an interesting article. I hadn't considered the possibility that DE baldes made some day no longer be made.

http://theweek.com/articles/597848/what-...blade-scam

0 88
 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
User Info
dear ilnones;

well written article.  nevertheless, fear none.  our hobbie is growing.  there is always going to be a supply of DEs.  there is a thread here in the nook where some of the guys try calculate how many blades they posses.  they count in terms of lifetimes.  some of them are real warehouses! if the need arrises, they will supply us for many generations.  but in the other hand, if the so called third world countries go the cartridge way, and stop producing blades, they are going to sell the machinery and guess who will buy it:  guys like Above The Tie.  i bet they would make the best blades...

best regards,

Pepe Peña

P.d.  I suddenly feel the need to hoard, just in case...  I only have a two year supply!

0 479
 02-21-2017, 01:30 PM
User Info
Very good read. Good thing I just bought almost 600 of my favorite blades. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3 337
 02-21-2017, 02:50 PM
User Info
All of which raised a question in Hickam's mind. "Why don't we just make some of our own?" When he went looking for a machine shop to do it, he ran into a series of obstacles that taught him a lot about why razor designs, and manufacturing in general, have declined so dramatically in the U.S.

I didn't ever read thee article fully, but that quote above got me laughing...... Look at all the companies whether large production type or small  production type nowadays. Once again I didn't read the whole article, but considering you say maybe one day DE  will die out.... its a bull

0 197