02-21-2017, 05:02 PM
User Info
Hi everybody - I'm starting to think about the spring and decided to finally make a rose-scented soap.  It's a yellow rose fragrance, which is not a musky or powdery rose.  Yellow (and peach colored) roses are supposed to be closer in scent to the fruits that are related botanically to roses, like apples.  I think this is a very nice rose scent, clean and delicate.  It's the lanolin recipe, and is the new chelated version.

I also spent a little time this weekend streamlining the website.  I invite you to make suggestions if there's something you think will make it easier to navigate, or if you spot any broken links.  Thanks! 

~ Michelle

0 280
 02-21-2017, 05:09 PM
User Info
(02-21-2017, 05:02 PM)Mystic Water Wrote: Hi everybody - I'm starting to think about the spring and decided to finally make a rose-scented soap.  It's a yellow rose fragrance, which is not a musky or powdery rose.  Yellow (and peach colored) roses are supposed to be closer in scent to the fruits that are related botanically to roses, like apples.  I think this is a very nice rose scent, clean and delicate.  It's the lanolin recipe, and is the new chelated version.

I also spent a little time this weekend streamlining the website.  I invite you to make suggestions if there's something you think will make it easier to navigate, or if you spot any broken links.  Thanks! 

~ Michelle
looking forward to trying this. Good rose scented are hard to find since so many people consider it feminine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3 335
 02-21-2017, 05:58 PM
User Info
Awesome Michelle. After trying several of your soaps and buying several, I am still blown away by how good your soaps are. From what I can tell so far, the performance of your new formula (with lanolin) is second only to Mike's in my experience and on par with the CRSW and Eufros Soaps I use. The only soaps I have not loved have been Brown Windsor and bergamot cedar juniper (had a very slight reaction to both), and the non lanolin versions (post shave was just not as good as in the lanolin versions).

But the Poggio dei Pini, Lavender and Eucalyptus Spearmint are stunning soaps. Matter of fact I like them so much that I chose one of them to travel to California with me on business.

You clearly have a knack for scents and a beautiful rose scent sounds great. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

0 10
 02-21-2017, 06:03 PM
User Info
That sounds really intriguing, I'll check it out. Thank you Michelle.

11 1,168
 02-21-2017, 06:33 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Fantastic, Michelle. I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

38 5,147
 02-21-2017, 06:36 PM
User Info
Thanks for the update Michelle.  Would you say that this is less "floral" than the typical rose soap?  Will this be a single note scent, or are you blending in other scents?

50 6,258
 02-21-2017, 06:50 PM
User Info
I will buy some on next order! You have some great soaps! thanks!

Darius

3 40
 02-22-2017, 07:21 AM
User Info
Thanks for the heads up Michelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 833
 02-24-2017, 07:20 PM
User Info
(02-21-2017, 06:36 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Thanks for the update Michelle.  Would you say that this is less "floral" than the typical rose soap?  Will this be a single note scent, or are you blending in other scents?

I think it's a very pure, but not cloying, straight-up rose scent that is quite distinct from the one I'm using using for my Rosalimone blend.

0 280
 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Very nice, Michelle.
Sounds lovely!

102 18,664
 02-24-2017, 08:16 PM
User Info
Michelle, thanks for including a sample of Yellow Rose with my recent order. It's definitely a straight rose. Not powdery or overly sweet.

40 1,168
 02-25-2017, 10:36 AM
User Info
Love Mystic water florals for being true to the plant and not overly sugary sweet. 

Where the next market you'll be at, Michelle?

18 655
 02-28-2017, 04:33 PM
User Info
We usually start out at the Kensington farmers market in mid-April on Saturday mornings between 9 and 1 p.m.  I like to be there for a couple of weeks before the festivals start.  I'll probably start the Thursday afternoon farmers market in Riverdale around then too.  BTW, it's only 15 minutes from Union station on the Camden Line, and we do the market in the MARC train parking lot.

My spring festival season starts with the "Festival of Herbs, Tea and the Arts", at the Montpelier Mansion in Laurel, Maryland in late April - I believe it's the last Saturday in April.  It's part of the park system now, and they have a nice garden and grounds, and have an arts center where you can take lessons.  It's an outdoor show, and the locals come to buy flowers and herb plants - I've found some unusual plants there, like horseradish and elderberry - there are art activities for kids, an English Tea in the mansion, music and food vendors outdoors, and other stuff down in the lower garden that I never can get to because we're too busy!  

This year I'll be doing the Green Man festival in Greenbelt MD in May, and the Washington Folk Festival in June.  After Mother's Day, I'll be in Greenbelt every Sunday that we don't have festivals, for the farmer's market there.

0 280
 02-28-2017, 04:42 PM
User Info
Michelle, I think you'll not be short on takers!  Thanks for your thoughtful plan!

73 4,305
 02-28-2017, 05:04 PM
User Info
(02-25-2017, 10:36 AM)GloryUprising Wrote: Love Mystic water florals for being true to the plant and not overly sugary sweet. 

Where the next market you'll be at, Michelle?

Spencer, in August 2016 we had a wonderful visit with Michelle at the Kensington Farmer's Market, and I can recommend the experience to you.  In addition to Michelle and all her great products, Kensington itself is a charming, small, old town with a number of antique stores.  It also has a superb, small pizza restaurant with a wood fired oven and an owner who cures his own meats. 

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=43677

50 6,258
 02-28-2017, 07:56 PM
User Info
Just let me know ahead of time if you would like to get multiples of any one shaving soap, or a labeled tub, or shaving soap samples, because I don't usually bring them to the market, due to lack of space in the car.  I usually bring two refills of all of the soaps and some plain tubs, but I'm happy to bring them if you give me a day or two advance warning that you'll be coming.

0 280
 03-18-2017, 03:50 AM
  • Nero
  • AVC is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Michelle, if you could find the Rose scent that smells like raspberries I would be a big fan! One catch is it has to be NON-lanolin soap base Smile
My grandparents had this type of rose at their home, and I really miss that scent!
The color of the flower is a very deep red, kinda like red beets. Sometimes even purple.

62 2,895