02-25-2017, 02:16 PM
User Info
I need recommendations for some great forums for cooking and cookware discussions ?

I'm already at chowhound, need some better forums ?
Are there any out there ?

24 5,679
 02-25-2017, 10:31 PM
User Info
If you're looking to learn how to cook recipes I suggest Americas Test Kitchen or Cooks Illustrated, but neither is a forum that I'm aware of. They have recipes. They also have cookbooks and it's all for profit. Stick to the recipes and they work fine. Eventually you'll have enough experience to branch out on your own.

I've had mixed results with the recipes i find through a google search. Not all cooks who post recipes can actually cook though many can.

If you're looking for a degree, can't help there. Maybe the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) or the Cordon Blue whatever in France.

32 6,399
 02-25-2017, 10:43 PM
User Info
(02-25-2017, 10:31 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: If you're looking to learn how to cook recipes I suggest Americas Test Kitchen or Cooks Illustrated, but neither is a forum that I'm aware of. They have recipes. They also have cookbooks and it's all for profit. Stick to the recipes and they work fine. Eventually you'll have enough experience to branch out on your own.

I've had mixed results with the recipes i find through a google search. Not all cooks who post recipes can actually cook though many can.

If you're looking for a degree, can't help there. Maybe the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) or the Cordon Blue whatever in France.

Basically what I'm looking for is a place like this The Shavenook, just for gastro geeks.

Chowhound is poorly setup, but something similar to Chowhound.

24 5,679
 06-06-2017, 01:49 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I know this is an old thread Claus but have you looked at Egullet?  It used to be a great cooking resource and it was a place for serious foodies.

7 1,133
 06-06-2017, 07:00 PM
User Info
(06-06-2017, 01:49 PM)Sully Wrote: I know this is an old thread Claus but have you looked at Egullet?  It used to be a great cooking resource and it was a place for serious foodies.

Thanks.
Will check it out.

If I don't find anything close to Shavenook in quality, I will seriously consider creating my own gastro forum.

24 5,679
 06-07-2017, 07:04 PM
User Info
I'd join that!  I'll be wondering if you will collect spices like you do soaps and creams.  It'd be awesome.  Let us know what you find.

2 124
 06-08-2017, 03:56 PM
User Info
(06-07-2017, 07:04 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: I'd join that!  I'll be wondering if you will collect spices like you do soaps and creams.  It'd be awesome.  Let us know what you find.

Thank you, Sir.

I'll let you know.

24 5,679