Poll: Posters should always state what blade and razor are used in reviewing either?
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 02-26-2017, 08:38 AM
User Info
At 71 I got back into DE shaving in 2015. I have developed bad case of RAD and RBAD. As of now my favorite tools are '40s Gillette Rockets, Red Tip, the 3 Gillette Adjusables (in no particular order), Star DE (both metal and plastic versions), Mercur Slant, Schick Krona, Mercur 34C, and an unbranded Soviet era slant with metal head and plastic handle. It is by far the most aggressive of the lot.
Single Edge: I love the singing of my 1901 GEM. I've gotten into the habit of using my Schick injector for cleaning up after 2 or 3 passes with a DE.
Blades: If I could only have one blade it would be the Dorco Prime. Second choice would be any of the following: Astra SP, Voskhod, Treet, Super Iridium. 
I'm an outlaw hippy turned outlaw attorney. Been a political activist all of my life (so far). 
I can't remember when I gave up safety razor shaving for cheap disposables, but it was decades ago. A few years ago I found that I could no longer get 8 or more shaves out a 10 for a dollar disposable and then the packages started shrinking. I was unwilling to shell out what expensive cartridges cost, so decided to see what was out there in DE. My first '51 superspeed (Rocket) hooked me. I've been experimenting with different blades and razors since. If I save any more money, I'll be broke. If I don't live to be 114, I've bought too many blades (seriously, I have over 3,000 of the brands listed above).
I wish folks would get into the habit of always stating razor and blade when reviewing one or the other. For instance "I find I get a great shave with Dorco Prime blade in just about any razor, but it really stands out in my Fatboy."

0 8
 02-26-2017, 08:41 AM
User Info
Welcome VtHippy!  Sounds like you have your bases covered.

10 697
 02-26-2017, 11:01 AM
User Info
Welcome! Never too late to return to "real" shaving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

56 3,292
 02-26-2017, 11:19 AM
User Info
Welcome to TSN.  Glad you found your way to traditional shaving and our great forum.  We look forward to your participation.

40 4,292
 02-26-2017, 08:44 PM
User Info
Welcome to TSN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 674
 02-27-2017, 02:44 AM
User Info
Welcome to the forum and congratulations entering back into wet shaving. It is never too late.

108 12,733