02-26-2017, 09:44 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: a53f5a03ae340ebdb2a9f90bbb39df36.jpg]

As I said on another thread , I have been very fortunate with the razors I have gotten lately.One of them have been the Standard razor which have changed my view on aluminum Made razors (as well as the Colonial SE Razor)

[Image: e40b6cda69c5062ad23c63fc76b0948f.jpg]

This razor is made of anodized aluminum.Its a "light razor" , 43 grams but feels more sturdy to me on the hand that what it's weight would say.

It's design is very modern but classic at the same time.A traditional 3 piece razor but with a modern style.

The finish is what should I expect from a quality product.I got the black color one with its stand and couldn't be more happy with it.

While the handle is smooth , no knurling , I haven't experience any problems when I have hold it during the shaves.The handle is 85 mm long.

[Image: d7eff33a50886f392404e72f53ec5e4f.jpg]

If you have tried the arch famous Edwin Jagger or Muhle closed comb heads , then you know how efficient they are.This razor shaves like one of those closed combs heads (the design is very similar) but a tiny little bit more aggressive.Doesn't means that is not smooth , which is , but you can feel how shaves a little bit closer.

It's very easy to find the right angle to shave with.No weird angles and such.

This razor is not only good to travel , due to its weight.Its also another good option for a daily shaver.I have test with with both Astra blades and some Gillettes and always have provided me great , worried free , shaves.

With the stand , its price is , now on sale , for 74 dollars.By itself is 69 dollars.

Do I recommend it ? For many reasons , yes I do.

88 7,214
 02-26-2017, 08:34 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(02-26-2017, 09:44 AM)Teiste Wrote: As I said on another thread , I have been very fortunate with the razors I have gotten lately.One of them have been the Standard razor which have changed my view on aluminum Made razors (as well as the Colonial SE Razor)

This razor is made of anodized aluminum.Its a "light razor" , 43 grams but feels more sturdy to me on the hand that what it's weight would say.

It's design is very modern but classic at the same time.A traditional 3 piece razor but with a modern style.

The finish is what should I expect from a quality product.I got the black color one with its stand and couldn't be more happy with it.

While the handle is smooth , no knurling , I haven't experience any problems when I have hold it during the shaves.The handle is 85 mm long.

If you have tried the arch famous Edwin Jagger or Muhle closed comb heads , then you know how efficient they are.This razor shaves like one of those closed combs heads (the design is very similar) but a tiny little bit more aggressive.Doesn't means that is not smooth , which is , but you can feel how shaves a little bit closer.

It's very easy to find the right angle to shave with.No weird angles and such.

This razor is not only good to travel , due to its weight.Its also another good option for a daily shaver.I have test with with both Astra blades and some Gillettes and always have provided me great , worried free , shaves.

With the stand , its price is , now on sale , for 74 dollars.By itself is 69 dollars.

Do I recommend it ? For many reasons , yes I do.

I was a pioneer with a Standard Razors razor, buying a production model three years ago.  I sold it after nearly a year of using it.

It was the only razor I ever have used that frequently gave me weepers, and occasionally gave me real cuts. 
It did shave closely, but it was hard on the laundry bill.

Aggressive?  More than a tiny little bit.

On a par with a Fatip, perhaps.

1 1,086
 03-03-2017, 06:25 AM
User Info
I love my black and gunmetal gray Standard razors.  I get great BBS shaves with them without drawing blood.  Smooth but very efficient.  They are great shavers IMO.

1 87
 03-03-2017, 07:30 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
Interesting Mel, as I find that I can shave with this while using a jack hammer and still not get any roughness.  It, and now the ATT AL M, have become my benchmark for razors.  I absolutely love the Standard.

11 683