08-15-2012, 06:43 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
Currently, I have a Schick Krona. It's a good, forgiving razor and has been an excellent choice for getting back into DE shaving. I'll probably continue with it for the next couple of months as I'm still getting blade and cream options sorted out. I have my eye on an Edwin Jagger 89 or Mühle r89. I know they're considered 'mild' razors but does anyone know how they compare to the Krona? If anything I'd like a slight increase in aggressiveness, if there's a decrease I'm probably looking at the wrong next razor.

0 132
 08-15-2012, 07:05 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I would say they are compatible in aggressiveness, definitely not "more" aggressive to ME. If you want to take a step towards more aggression take a look at adjustables or a red tip.

88 4,233
 08-15-2012, 07:13 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
Well, I have a slim adjustable so I might give that a go. I prefer slightly longer handles so I'm not sure about the red tip. My original choice for a next razor was the long handled progress, maybe I should stick to that.

0 132
 08-15-2012, 08:44 AM
User Info
Since you have an adjustable, have you considered a slant?

9 1,199
 08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I agree that a Slant would be a nice choice or if you want something more aggressive than the 89's and already have a Krona and a Slim. Or, how about a Weber DLC or ARC?
Closed comb modern and still more aggressive is the NY Shaving Co.'s Mariner range.
And wait.....the new Tradere closed comb is coming out very soon.....!

6 905
 08-15-2012, 09:02 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
No offence but I find slant to be NOT aggressive at all. I love my sledgehammer,use it very often, it's mild but very effective though.
Red tip has a medium handle. If long handle is your preference, try progress, can't go wrong with that.

88 4,233
 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I agree with you on the "aggressiveness" of the Slant. I suppose the word "effective" as you mention would be more appropriate. Biggrin

And mine is the Sledge too so if the OP wants a longer handle that is the ticket.

To some people though, a Slant is considered aggressive.
At any rate, IMO, still more effective than a Krona or an 89 and the reason I agree with the recommendation.

(08-15-2012, 09:02 AM)beartrap Wrote: No offence but I find slant to be NOT aggressive at all. I love my sledgehammer,use it very often, it's mild but very effective though.
Red tip has a medium handle. If long handle is your preference, try progress, can't go wrong with that.

6 905