02-26-2017, 04:35 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I have been enjoying my first Paladin soap Natchez Trace and have been using it fairly regularly at lest twice a week, i decided that I wanted another. So last week I purchased Silk Road. 

To start with the glass jar and labeling is top shelf, the scent (to me ii is a mix of flowery spices) is pleasant, not over powering and fades shortly after the shave which is what I like. I do not like when the soap scent fights the after Balm. The lathering is consistent to Natchez T as well as the cushion, slickness and moisturizing properties. I could not be anymore pleased. An excellent shave soap that I will continue to enjoy.  In my opinion Paladin has created an excellent shave soap to compliment their superb brushes.

50 412
 02-26-2017, 04:38 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Sounds favorable Steven. Have not heard much about these soaps since the release.

59 4,381
 02-26-2017, 04:40 PM
User Info
(02-26-2017, 04:35 PM)bijou Wrote: I have been enjoying my first Paladin soap Natchez Trace and have been using it fairly regularly at lest twice a week, i decided that I wanted another. So last week I purchased Silk Road. 

To start with the glass jar and labeling is top shelf, the scent (to me ii is a mix of flowery spices) is pleasent, not over powering and fades shortly after the shave which is what I like. I do not like when the soap scent fights the after Balm. The lathering is consistent to Natchez T as well as the cushion, slickness and mozturizing properties. I could not be anymore pleased. An excellent shave soap that I will continue to enjoy.  In my opinion Paladin has created an excellent shave soap to compliment their superb brushes.

Agreed Steven.  I like Natchez Trace, Pythian Way, Silk Road, and Tobacco Road very much, both as to performance and scent.

48 5,708