03-02-2017, 08:58 AM
User Info
Is it feasible to remove a knot from a pre-made shavemac and re-set it at a different loft without damaging the knot? If so, how should I remove it? Thanks

0 43
 03-02-2017, 09:08 AM
User Info
No guarantee that the knot will survive unless you destroy the handle.

You can try hot water or steam but you risk a shedding knot. A very good possibility more than just a risk.

Best bet is to sell it even at a bit of a loss and buy a new one set how you want.

9 1,414
 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Good advice.

7 2,159
 03-02-2017, 10:45 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
2 artisans that can remove knots are Rudy Vey and Doug Korn. If you decide to go with either one of them the handle that the knot is in will be destroyed, you will pay for shipping to and fro plus their time (you can email them to see if they will do it and the cost). Nothing is guarantied it is at your own risk, unless there are problems with the knot these gentlemen will be able to get the job done. I've had over a dozen knots removed from handles from these men with no issues. Best of luck.

51 437
 03-02-2017, 11:15 AM
User Info
(03-02-2017, 10:45 AM)bijou Wrote: 2 artisans that can remove knots are Rudy Vey and Doug Korn. If you decide to go with either one of them the handle that the knot is in will be destroyed, you will pay for shipping to and fro plus their time (you can email them to see if they will do it and the cost). Nothing is guarantied it is at your own risk, unless there are problems with the knot these gentlemen will be able to get the job done. I've had over a dozen knots removed from handles from these men with no issues. Best of luck.

Thanks to all for the advice. You've convinced me not to do it.

0 43