03-03-2017, 04:35 AM
User Info
Good Evening Gentlemen,

I am testing the waters to see if I can make a go of this, I have been honing razors for several years now and am at the point where I feel I can offer my services so please take a moment to review and contact me with any questions you have, I do not have a Web Site yet so am offering my services thru the Artisans Corner and on Panjo, as I am just starting I am offering an introductory price of $15.00 for the first razor and a discount of $5 for each additional razor, I feel this is a great price and will hopefully get my services out there and recognized.

This service is for those that either have not mastered honing a straight razor or don't want to be bothered by the process, send me your straight razor that is in good condition and I will reset the bevel and then take it thru a progression of synthetic stones and finish on one of several different Japanese natural stones and then strop it to a very keen shave ready condition right out of the box.

I currently do not hone wedges (Hopefully that will change soon) and if the razor has issues like chips and dings in the blade these can be addressed but at an additional charge so contact me if the razor has these problems, I will also tighten up the hinge pin if possible to ensure blade is tight within the scales and lightly polish the blade if requested.

Free return shipping (CONUS ONLY) is included in this service so if you have multiple razors please contact me first as you can save money by putting multiple razors in one box.

Please Note: I do not hone razors of poor quality like what comes out of China or similar, also note when sending me your razor(s) I highly recommend adding tracking to the package as I cannot be held responsible for lost packages, I will add tracking for the return back to you with $50 insurance, if you want additional insurance please ask.

I will be accepting payment thru PayPal and I can invoice you thru the same if that makes it easier.

[Image: NwP90X1.jpg]

~William~

6 975
 03-03-2017, 04:51 AM
User Info
Best wishes for the success of your new venture William.  Your introductory price is quite reasonable.

39 3,998
 03-03-2017, 12:26 PM
User Info
(03-03-2017, 04:51 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Best wishes for the success of your new venture William.  Your introductory price is quite reasonable.

Ricardo,

Thank you, we are also going to have some simple alcohol free aftershaves that we are currently working on and will be looking for testers so stay tuned.

6 975
 03-03-2017, 12:50 PM
  • EricM
  • Banned
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
Good luck, William! 

I've had numerous dealings with Will when I was starting out with straights.  I couldn't think of a better gent to work with!!  Big thumbs up!!

Eric

36 742
 03-03-2017, 02:25 PM
  • Viking
  • Artisan - Soap & Cosmetics
  • Ames, Iowa
User Info
Congrats on the new venture! I've been threatening myself that one of these days I would finally just send out one of my straights to a pro so I can give it a reasonable try (my sharpening attempts were not successful)... May have to send a few your way here soon!

10 222
 03-03-2017, 02:37 PM
User Info
Good luck!

0 201
 03-03-2017, 02:51 PM
User Info
Good luck.  Wish I was an SR user so I could send some your way!

9 568
 03-03-2017, 08:47 PM
  • DJL813
  • Darien, CT
User Info
Purchased my first straight from William which now feels like an eternity ago---razor arrived with a perfect edge and couldn't be happier with Willam and the razor--good luck!

115 467
 03-03-2017, 10:01 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Good luck William! I look forward to watching your business grow.

45 17,062
 03-04-2017, 09:11 AM
  • nunhgrader
  • Prairie Village, KS USA
User Info
Congrats - I am a bit of a honemeister myself - your rates are incredible! Good luck and I'm sure this venture will be fulfilling!

28 665
 03-04-2017, 03:51 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
This is one reason I have not attempted a straight. I have never used one and therefore do not know how to properly hone one. $15 sounds very reasonable. Out of curiosity, with proper useage how often does a user need to hone a razor of decent quality?

66 1,017
 03-04-2017, 04:29 PM
User Info
(03-04-2017, 03:51 PM)Gabe Wrote: This is one reason I have not attempted a straight. I have never used one and therefore do not know how to properly hone one. $15 sounds very reasonable. Out of curiosity, with proper useagr how often does a user need to hone a razor of decent quality?

Gabriel,

A properly honed razor if cared for will last several, several months. I have raozors that I have honed over a year ago and still have not been back to the hones, the key is proper stropping and you don't need a high end strop you can get by with a leather belt and i have even used folded newspaper in a pinch.

Honing usually only needs to be done a few times a year so back in the day when straights were a primary means of shaving the typical guy usually only sent out his razor a few times a year.

6 975
 03-04-2017, 04:39 PM
User Info
I want to thank each and eveyone one of you that have given me well wishes/support into this venture, like i said i have been at it several years, i was doing it for free in the beginning just to feed that urge to chase that killer edge and it gave me a chance to see a variety of razors and grinds and I feel by offering it at a low price to hone maybe alot of you sitting on the fence about trying a straight with take that leap. Using a straight is a very rewarding shave and it gives you a wonderful close shave, it's not necessarily better than say your favorite DE or SE razor it's just more of a ritual shave and for me it's very rewarding.

6 975
 03-11-2017, 04:12 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Here are my first two razors back from William. I can not comment on the edges as I have not used them yet, and I am a beginner. I will say that William's customer service is top notch. He had them honed and packaged within a day!!!!He graciously answered my beginner questions about my straight razors, but more importantly about other areas related to straight razor shaving. 

Thank you William for your help in my straight razor journey.  Thumbup

[Image: Dzt1bqM.jpg]

66 1,017
 03-12-2017, 08:59 AM
User Info
Wow.  Great razors.

0 92
 03-18-2017, 05:49 PM
User Info
Hello Gents,

I know a lot of you won't be able to take advantage of this but starting the first of next month we are going to include one 1/2 oz. sample of aftershave with each straight razor honing order, it will be a random pick of the three scents we will be selling.

6 975
 03-22-2017, 09:50 AM
User Info
Awesome stuff Will!  

If you still have the introductory offer available, I may want to take you up on the offer. Smile

2 83
 03-22-2017, 10:31 AM
User Info
dear panther;

i wish you good luck in you venture.  let me know when you start selling the aftershave.  i am buying some... ;-)

best regards,

pepe peña

0 312
 03-22-2017, 05:20 PM
User Info
(03-22-2017, 09:50 AM)Sskim3 Wrote: Awesome stuff Will!  

If you still have the introductory offer available, I may want to take you up on the offer. Smile

PM sent

6 975