03-04-2017, 05:29 AM
User Info
Bonjour messieurs, Hello Gentlemen, Hola Amigos,
After sharing my feelings for some soaps such as the LPL RDP, Lainess and the Razzbocket Mango Folie, I suggest you discover today : ITALIAN BARBERSHOP By LPL.
[Image: ut5qHGr.jpg]
The container seems to be identical to that of the Havana Pogonotomie by LPL (exclusive Artdubarbier.com). This is a nice plastic container of sufficient diameter to charge my shaving brush. Note that I tend to prefer containers of 200 grams. I compare the container of this soap with that of the Razzbocket Mango Folie and those of the WSP. A picture always speaks better than a long speech:
[Image: lJFEXAe.jpg]
The shaving soap itself is 100% Vegetal / Vegan, here is the composition:
Potassium cocoate, potassium stearate, aqua, butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Coconut Fatty Acid, Glycérine, Parfum, Limonene, Linalol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Benzoat de benzyle. I took the opportunity to take an interest in certain elements making up this shaving soap:
Limonene, element that is found in many essential oils, described as smelling clean, orange.
Linalol, it is found in many essential oils (Lavender, bergamot, rosewood), it would be an organic compound weakly soluble in water (according to what I read on the internet).
Geraniol, it is found in perfumery to create perfumes like peach, raspberry, orange .... or lemon.
Eugenol, Present among others in the clove.

[Image: 2XMwYyH.jpg]
As for the soap itself, I was very surprised. IMO, this shaving soap marks a real turning in regards to the LPL range.
Why then tell me?
In the sense that as soon as I unpacked, I had the impression that I bought a relatively hard shaving soap. This impression was confirmed by touching and using soap. Never before had I had an LPL as hard, although it was not as hard as a Razzbocket Mango Folie or a WSP.

When unpacking the soap, before I carried out my research on the elements making up this shaving soap, I was surprised by this very orange / lemon / citrus scent. It feels superbly good. It is original, and it should be pointed out that I love the fruity / citrus shaving soaps. In use, the scent orange and lemon explodes quickly and a touch of clove intervenes in the background.
This is the first time that an LPL surprises me with such a "complex" perfume, one feels that real work was carried out concerning the perfume of this LPL. Remember that I always appreciated my LPL (Abricot, RDP, LE 2016, Lainess), especially for their scent, but this time this ITALIAN BARBERSHOP by LPL clearly shows a greater complexity of perfume.

[Image: Bl33MYk.jpg]
As for the foam itself. I have three shaves to this day with this shaving soap. I will present to you my feelings during each of these three shaves. I state that I used a synthetic brush each time. No shaving brushes currently. During these three shaves, the foam was perfectly covering, protective and effective. The post-shave effect is also excellent, but its scent is what I prefer above all else.

The first with this ITALIAN BARBERSHOP, in Face Lathering. I charged my shaving brush as normal and did not add enough water. I quickly realized that my foam was too "plaster", I added water to catch the foam and I got enough foam to make two and a half passes. The third pass lacked foam for my taste.
During the second shave always in FL, I quickly confirmed my initial feeling, this shaving soap requires to add more water during the assembly of the foam than my other LPL. 
During the third shave (FL), I reiterate and validate my first findings, this soap requires to add a more water during the creation of the foam than my other shaving soaps.
[Image: 7j9uzSi.jpg]
Finally a soap "hard" and with the scent relatively complex, available for sale directly on the site of Cyril (Leperelucien). It is excellent, and if I had to keep only one soap, I will have a hard time choosing between a cherry laity, an Italian Barbershop By LPL and a Razzbocket Mango Folie ...

0 210
 03-04-2017, 06:19 AM
  • Tokyospike
  • Artist's Club Recruiter
  • New York City
User Info
Thank you, Nicolas. An excellent review, and it sounds like something I very much would like to try.

0 107
 03-04-2017, 06:27 AM
User Info
Excellent review!  I am very intrigued by this soap, I wll be ordering some very soon.

0 264
 03-04-2017, 06:29 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
SDV come in the same plastic containers. I can accept these containers only by SDV, because the latter performs significantly better.

It's not easy to load a brush, half of the foam goes to your hands or outside the bowl making a real mess. LPL can do better IMO, without trying to copy another French artisan( hard soap, same container). Just my opinion.

And I miss the days when LPL soaps used to contain only EO and not FO...

Very nice photos, by the way! You seem to enjoy LPL/ French products. I am looking forward to your reviews of more products from other countries or continents!

49 1,938
 03-04-2017, 06:46 AM
User Info
(03-04-2017, 06:29 AM)nikos.a Wrote: SDV come in the same plastic containers. I can accept these containers only by SDV, because the latter performs significantly better.

It's not easy to load a brush, half of the foam goes to your hands or outside the bowl making a real mess. LPL can do better IMO, without trying to copy another French artisan( hard soap, same container). Just my opinion.

Very nice photos, by the way! You seem to enjoy LPL/ French products. I am looking forward to your reviews of more products from other countries or continents!

I also prefer containers of 200 grams. As for spoiling half of the foam, if you charge your shaving brush, soap tilted down, then you will not have this problem anymore.

Always load the shaving brush, soap down and shaving brush up :

[Image: 9bgO5pJ.png]

0 210
 03-04-2017, 06:59 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-04-2017, 06:46 AM)PapySnake Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 06:29 AM)nikos.a Wrote: SDV come in the same plastic containers. I can accept these containers only by SDV, because the latter performs significantly better.

I also prefer containers of 200 grams. As for spoiling half of the foam, if you charge your shaving brush, soap tilted down, then you will not have this problem anymore.

Always load the shaving brush, soap down and shaving brush up :

[Image: 9bgO5pJ.png]
I know what you mean Nicolas, I've done that in the past, but the brush bristles will touch your fingers anyway. These bowls are not practical, any bowl that is not wide enough is not practical. I don't know if you had the chance to try the CRSW old soaps that came in a wide tin, but every time I use them, I believe that's how the soaps should be presented, with a simple wide bowl to load your brush effortless without making a mess, like I said. LPL 200g stainless bowls are nice, but they're also more heavy than others. The same problem with Nuavia bowls. If SDV didn't perform that good for me, I would have already placed them in different bowls. Admittedly SDV is a company that's too small, they don't even respond to emails, they live in a farm somewhere in the French countyside and I don't except more things from them, like a fancier/ better packaging or better labels. That's why I said that LPL can do better.

49 1,938
 03-04-2017, 07:14 AM
User Info
I understand your remark for LPL.
SDV = savonnerie du volcan ?
Even we in France and on the French forums, we do not know who actually hides behind this soap factory. No one knows the craftsman except error on my part.

Regarding LPL, if the soap interests you, it may be necessary to see with Cyril if it is possible to acquire it in the pot 200 grams used for the Lainess ?! (It might be a solution)

[Image: qsNJx44.jpg]

0 210
 03-04-2017, 07:51 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Nicholas, Merci pour votre commentaires concernant le savon LPL 'Italian Barbershop'. I would like to try this one!

The Volcans website is not currently working but it is on line. They are in Giat near Puy Dome and I believe they have a store - maybe we can stop by? Their soap is also hard, very, very good, and the problem of the small container is easily fixed.

Just flex the container to loosen the soap puck, and if it does not come out easily a corkscrew will do the job nicely and cleanly. I then put mine in a 6-oz PET container from Maggards Razors.

Cheers, Steve

[Image: x306pIF.jpg]

7 466
 03-04-2017, 08:01 AM
User Info
Thank you for your feedback on the review. IMO, when I am satisfied with a craftsman, I do not feel the need to test other products and this is the case with Cyril (LPL, Lainess) and Marilyn (Entrebullesetmoi sur etsy)

0 210
 03-04-2017, 09:32 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(03-04-2017, 08:01 AM)PapySnake Wrote: Thank you for your feedback on the review. IMO, when I am satisfied with a craftsman, I do not feel the need to test other products and this is the case with Cyril (LPL, Lainess) and Marilyn (Entrebullesetmoi sur etsy)

That's a shame, because SdV and SdM are outstanding French soaps, equal to the soaps you've reviewed as far as I'm concerned.

38 5,030
 03-04-2017, 09:49 AM
User Info
(03-04-2017, 09:32 AM)evnpar Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 08:01 AM)PapySnake Wrote: Thank you for your feedback on the review. IMO, when I am satisfied with a craftsman, I do not feel the need to test other products and this is the case with Cyril (LPL, Lainess) and Marilyn (Entrebullesetmoi sur etsy)

That's a shame, because SdV and SdM are outstanding French soaps, equal to the soaps you've reviewed as far as I'm concerned.

I do not doubt it !! It takes all tastes Smile

Do not hesitate to share reviews on these famous soaps if it has not already been done Smile

0 210
 03-04-2017, 10:31 AM
User Info
I agree with Richard. LPL is fantastic, but Savonierre du Moulin is really, really worth trying. You should reconsider this, PapySnake....

158 1,016
 03-04-2017, 10:38 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
+1 for SdM!

Cheers, Steve

7 466
 03-04-2017, 10:45 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
In general, soaps without donkey milk can't compete those that contain it.

49 1,938
 03-04-2017, 11:46 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(03-04-2017, 10:45 AM)nikos.a Wrote: In general, soaps without donkey milk can't compete those that contain it.

...you may want to try Lainess soaps.  Donkey Milk + LPL =  Biggrin

159 1,316
 03-04-2017, 11:54 AM
User Info
(03-04-2017, 11:46 AM)Steelman Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 10:45 AM)nikos.a Wrote: In general, soaps without donkey milk can't compete those that contain it.

...you may want to try Lainess soaps.  Donkey Milk + LPL =  Biggrin

+1
Love this soap! Not my favorite scent however.

1 309
 03-04-2017, 11:55 AM
User Info
Nice review of the new Italian Barbershop scented LPL, thanks for posting. I ordered this soap from Cyril yesterday.

1 309
 03-04-2017, 12:07 PM
User Info
(03-04-2017, 10:31 AM)nervosa1901 Wrote: I agree with Richard. LPL is fantastic, but Savonierre du Moulin is really, really worth trying. You should reconsider this, PapySnake....

Very well, I will test this soap as soon as I have the opportunity. Thank you for your recommendations.

We totally agree, Lainess remains my best shaving soap.

0 210
 03-04-2017, 12:15 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I wanted to try this soap very much, I always read great things, but I lost the opportunity to buy one when it was available. Is it still being sold?

49 1,938
 03-04-2017, 12:20 PM
User Info
(03-04-2017, 12:15 PM)nikos.a Wrote: I wanted to try this soap very much, I always read great things, but I lost the opportunity to buy one when it was available. Is it still being sold?

If you're talking about the Italian Barbershop, it's just released and is available on the Leperelucien website.
If you are talking about SDV / SDM, they are still available at some resellers or on the site of their own soap factory for SDV.

0 210