03-08-2017, 08:33 PM
User Info
Oh I know it isn't wrong.  I just wouldn't want to get banned for breaking the rules.

0 166
 03-12-2017, 04:01 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(03-08-2017, 08:33 PM)bkatbamna Wrote: Oh I know it isn't wrong.  I just wouldn't want to get banned for breaking the rules.

If you have to question the morality of something, then, it is, by definition, morally questionable.  You should refrain from doing all that which is morally questionable.  Also, rules, even on website chat forums, tend to be based on morals.

1 589
 03-12-2017, 06:53 PM
User Info
(03-12-2017, 04:01 PM)Quando Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 08:33 PM)bkatbamna Wrote: Oh I know it isn't wrong.  I just wouldn't want to get banned for breaking the rules.

If you have to question the morality of something, then, it is, by definition, morally questionable.  You should refrain from doing all that which is morally questionable.  Also, rules, even on website chat forums, tend to be based on morals.

I'm trying to say I don't have any questions on the morality. I know that there is nothing wrong with basically doing 2 trades in order to get something.

0 166
 03-13-2017, 05:07 AM
User Info
You know folks, I have never, ever seen this type thread topic on any other shave forum (I keep updated on 3 or 4 others).  I simply do not know the deal with The Shave Nook that causes talk of ethics, morality, and banning so forth and so on.  I believe our distinguished and highly capable moderators have the talent to manage this type of situation.  We have the report feature.  If one believes something "unethical" is taking place, report it to a moderator and let then them manage the situation.  I am not sure threads of this nature add any value to the purpose of this forum which I believe is to share knowledge and experiences on stuff like razors, brushes, blades, asking shaving related questions, sharing thoughts on creams and soaps.  My suggestion is that the moderators end this conversation and manage it with the parties directly concerned.  In this manner, we can focus on our wonderful shaving experiences.

Just a thought.....................

22 752
 03-13-2017, 09:09 AM
User Info
(03-13-2017, 05:07 AM)LookingGlass Wrote: You know folks, I have never, ever seen this type thread topic on any other shave forum (I keep updated on 3 or 4 others).  I simply do not know the deal with The Shave Nook that causes talk of ethics, morality, and banning so forth and so on.  I believe our distinguished and highly capable moderators have the talent to manage this type of situation.  We have the report feature.  If one believes something "unethical" is taking place, report it to a moderator and let then them manage the situation.  I am not sure threads of this nature add any value to the purpose of this forum which I believe is to share knowledge and experiences on stuff like razors, brushes, blades, asking shaving related questions, sharing thoughts on creams and soaps.  My suggestion is that the moderators end this conversation and manage it with the parties directly concerned.  In this manner, we can focus on our wonderful shaving experiences.

Just a thought.....................
Signs011

39 3,919
 03-18-2017, 08:22 AM
  • DJL813
  • Darien, CT
User Info
(03-06-2017, 05:23 PM)carlospppena Wrote: Dear Chris;

lets say Member A is trading his UFO razor for a UFO XL badger, and only that.  and Member B has UFO XL badger, he is selling it, and does not have any interest in the UFO razor.  well, i think that if something like that happens, it would be ok to buy the UFO XL badger, just to trade it for the UFO razor that you want so bad.  you see? you are not making a profit.  you are just facilitating business.  if there is a shadow of a profit anywhere, it will be unethical and therefore off limits.  if in doubt, post an approval thread before anybody jumps!!! 

best regards,

Pepe Peña

I can tell you that I acquired my first BBS-1 from a member who was looking to trade his BBS-1 for an unobtanium item that I did not own at the time.  Just so happened that I knew a member who owned the unobtanium item and he was willing to sell it....I purchased the unobtanium item and traded for the BBS-1....I never thought I was breaking a rule because member selling the unobtanium was happy with the cash, member looking for unobtanium item was happy with his new "toy" and I was happy to own my first BBS-1.

128 560