08-15-2012, 12:42 PM
User Info
OK this is my second try with this soap. I have had it for a while now and decided to give it another go a week a go. I cannot get a good shave from it, I have tried every trick I can to get this to work. But it seems to provide little of no protection and it leaves my face sore.
Anyone else had problems with it or is it just not for me? Shame I like the scent (Limes and Peppercorn).

3 198
 08-15-2012, 12:51 PM
  • madmedic
  • Resistance is Futile
  • Brecon UK
User Info
(08-15-2012, 12:42 PM)missingskin Wrote: OK this is my second try with this soap. I have had it for a while now and decided to give it another go a week a go. I cannot get a good shave from it, I have tried every trick I can to get this to work. But it seems to provide little of no protection and it leaves my face sore.
Anyone else had problems with it or is it just not for me? Shame I like the scent (Limes and Peppercorn).

I have used the Lemongrass version and find it to be an exceptional soap. What is your lather like? I think it is supposed to be thicker than normal.
This is taken from the website:

Now we are gonna give you a little tip here. Even though you can get a REAL nice lather from this soap, here's what we like to do. Whip this stuff up into a THICK lather. Not fluffy. So when it is fluffy, keep whippin' a bit till it is really thick, ...almost paste like. Then apply to your whiskers (which hopefully you have already splashed with warm water). It should look sorta like stage makeup when applied to your face.

1 561
 08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
User Info
(08-15-2012, 12:51 PM)madmedic Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 12:42 PM)missingskin Wrote: OK this is my second try with this soap. I have had it for a while now and decided to give it another go a week a go. I cannot get a good shave from it, I have tried every trick I can to get this to work. But it seems to provide little of no protection and it leaves my face sore.

I have used the Lemongrass version and find it to be an exceptional soap. What is your lather like? I think it is supposed to be thicker than normal.

Now we are gonna give you a little tip here. Even though you can get a REAL nice lather from this soap, here's what we like to do. Whip this stuff up into a THICK lather. Not fluffy. So when it is fluffy, keep whippin' a bit till it is really thick, ...almost paste like. Then apply to your whiskers (which hopefully you have already splashed with warm water). It should look sorta like stage makeup when applied to your face.

I tried that as well, this is the only glycerin soap I own. Maybe my face don't like the formulation?
I had read a lot of good reviews on the soap thats why I got it also I have the A/S splash which I like a lot.

3 198
 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(08-15-2012, 12:51 PM)madmedic Wrote:

Brian, I LOVE the one you sent me - it is yummy bay rummy! lollllllllllllllll

3 2,562