03-08-2017, 08:39 AM
User Info
Being in a reflected mood I thought I would share some back ground on our first razor. In teh beginning, the original name of our razor was Titan. I had done what I thought was a solid search for the availability of this name relative to safety razors. Development and production were complete and online selling was going strong. Then I was contacted by someone who had a plastic cart razor also by that name. It was not a good day. My lawyer advised me that even though there was a significant difference in the two products it was likely not worth the head ache and cost to debate the matter. So the name was changed to Kronos.

Some of you might be interested to know that the Kronos H1 is the first ATT prototype. I was fortunate in that the first razor design worked well from the start. No changes were made from the prototype.

Also, I knew from the beginning that if all wet well I wanted to develop a "shaving system" or as some have described it a "fixed adjustable" . To my knowledge no one had approached current production with multiple variations or customization based on a single platform.
This was made possible by anticipating interchangeable parts from the beginning of the platforms design.

Below are a few photos of the Kronos which was expandable to H, R or M plates. This allowed the customer to choose the best combination for their needs. The Kronos line of razors has continued to expand due to a number of new head and plate designs being developed.
Check out the Kromos razor at;

abovethetie.com/collections/kronos-safety-razors/products/kronos-h1-stainless-steel-safety-razor

[Image: iNdzNA0.jpg]

[Image: UfpJw90.jpg]

[Image: GN3HAax.jpg]

0 243
 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
User Info
Thanks for sharing Stan.  I wonder what became of the guy who had the plastic cartridge razor with the Titan name and who needlessly made such a production about it.

41 5,092
 03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 08:45 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Thanks for sharing Stan.  I wonder what became of the guy who had the plastic cartridge razor with the Titan name and who needlessly made such a production about it.

I do not know. Funny how things work out. As I recall you were supposed to be able to squeeze shaving cream out of the end of the handle. I could be mistaken, that was some time ago.

0 243
 03-08-2017, 03:00 PM
User Info
Great product !!
My first stainless steel American razor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,052
 03-08-2017, 04:14 PM
User Info
I own a Kronos 5 piece closed comb set.  At first I was hesitant about purchasing your razor because I thought a razor should be apothecary looking.  Something with a faux ivory handle.  Your razor looked utilitarian.  Then my next issue was, why do I need three base plates when I know I will be using "R" all of the time.  So, I purchased a Kronos 5 piece closed comb set from Bullgoose.  At first I rotated it with my other razors then in about two weeks it took the blades out of my other razors and for several years I have used nothing but the Kronos everyday.  So do I need three base plates?  Yes.  One year my wife went out of town for seven days on business.  So I did what every great husband would do for six days I did not shave, I drank beer and played with my dogs.  At day six I had a full heavy beard.  In the past I would use a professional Wahl clipper to trim my beard completely down when I used a cartridge razor.  I put the "H" base plate on and used a Perma-Sharp Super blade which is less aggressive and the razor cut the growth off like a hot knife in butter.  And I have used the "M" plate often.  When my wife and I go out in the evening and it is a suite and tie affair I use it for a one pass to clean my face up.  The next day I once again use the "M" plate because I shaved late at night the day before then, the "R" is back in the next day.  I am glade I purchased your product and would recommend it to anyone.  I have considered purchasing an "M" open comb to try out.

0 230
 03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
User Info
Great story , thanks for sharing as it's always interesting to hear the back story on the more well known products and the beginning stages of companies.

57 1,354
 03-09-2017, 06:41 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
(03-08-2017, 08:39 AM)stan Wrote: Being in a reflected mood I thought I would share some back ground on our first razor. In teh beginning, the original name of our razor was Titan. I had done what I thought was a solid search for the availability of this name relative to safety razors. Development and production were complete and online selling was going strong. Then I was contacted by someone who had a plastic cart razor also by that name. It was not a good day. My lawyer advised me that even though there was a significant difference in the two products it was likely not worth the head ache and cost to debate the matter. So the name was changed to Kronos.

Some of you might be interested to know that the Kronos H1 is the first ATT prototype. I was fortunate in that the first razor design worked well from the start. No changes were made from the prototype.

Also, I knew from the beginning that if all wet well I wanted to develop a "shaving system" or as some have described it a "fixed adjustable" . To my knowledge no one had approached current production with multiple variations or customization based on a single platform.
This was made possible by anticipating interchangeable parts from the beginning of the platforms design.

Below are a few photos of the Kronos which was expandable to H, R or M plates. This allowed the customer to choose the best combination for their needs. The Kronos line of razors has continued to expand due to a number of new head and plate designs being developed.
Check out the Kromos razor at;

abovethetie.com/collections/kronos-safety-razors/products/kronos-h1-stainless-steel-safety-razor

[Image: iNdzNA0.jpg]

[Image: UfpJw90.jpg]

[Image: GN3HAax.jpg]
Holds a place of honor in my eyes. The R setup has been perfect since I bought it a few years back. Thanks for the excellent work STAN.

19 717
 03-10-2017, 08:50 PM
User Info
Stan, I have a 2012 Kronos R razor and I love it.  Is that the same as the proto?  I seem to recall it was called Atlas at the time.  Love the razor, anxiously waiting for my aluminum DE now.  And that bamboo handle I just received is gorgeous!!  Well done....

73 3,950
 03-11-2017, 05:27 AM
User Info
(03-10-2017, 08:50 PM)TexBilly Wrote: Stan, I have a 2012 Kronos R razor and I love it.  Is that the same as the proto?  I seem to recall it was called Atlas at the time.  Love the razor, anxiously waiting for my aluminum DE now.  And that bamboo handle I just received is gorgeous!!  Well done....

Billy,
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying your 2012 Kronos R. Yes the razor in the photo is just like yours. The only difference is that we no longer put dates on the base plates.
The Atlas is stainless and has the barber pole knurling, it is 3" long. The Kronos and Calypso are 3.5'' and the Colossus is the longest at 4''.
Stan

0 243
 03-21-2017, 12:18 PM
User Info
Stan,

Thank you for posting the history; I didn't know that this was the first design.  I finally was able to order one of these (H1); this will also be my first SS DE.  I've used a SR off and on, and wanted a more aggressive gap than my travel DE, so the H1 looked like a good fit.  Can't wait to try it out!

0 6
 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
User Info
Very interesting Stan. I am the owner of an M2 OC Kronos and couldn't be happier. I wish you continued success.

37 3,724