03-08-2017, 09:27 AM
User Info
Quote:Just a heads up on this Tradere SB Head  00702 on eBay 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tradere-S...606816?hash=item3d35063ee0:g:3aYAAOSwWxNYvJXs

The seller has it listed as "one side set that is slightly more aggressive than the other" believe me, its not, Its faulty. 

How do I know? Well I piffed it to the seller. I offered it to pif it to a few people on other forums listing the fault.
The inside of the head has been machined as the blade never sat properly in the head, this why there is an unequal blade gap and not as the seller suggests that it has been intentionally set this way.

0 37
 03-08-2017, 10:34 AM
User Info
You can notify eBay of this, sounds like he's misrepresenting the item

28 779
 03-08-2017, 10:38 AM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 10:34 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote: You can notify eBay of this, sounds like he's misrepresenting the item

TBH I know he can do with it as he wishes. Its really just to notify any people who have, or may wish to bid on it.

0 37
 03-08-2017, 11:57 AM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 09:27 AM)Pedro25 Wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tradere-S...606816?hash=item3d35063ee0:g:3aYAAOSwWxNYvJXs

The seller has it listed as "one side set that is slightly more aggressive than the other" believe me, its not, Its faulty. 

How do I know? Well I piffed it to the seller. I offered it to pif it to a few people on other forums listing the fault.
The inside of the head has been machined as the blade never sat properly in the head, this why there is an unequal blade gap and not as the seller suggests that it has been intentionally set this way.

(03-08-2017, 10:38 AM)Pedro25 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 10:34 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote: You can notify eBay of this, sounds like he's misrepresenting the item

TBH I know he can do with it as he wishes. Its really just to notify any people who have, or may wish to bid on it.

Yes he can, but he is misrepresenting the item, as it is a manufacturing defect and he knows that. Also it may not be allowed to be resold on eBay if it was a puff depending on which forum it was through. I'd at least try to make it a more difficult process for the guy, but its all up to you

28 779
 03-08-2017, 12:08 PM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 11:57 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 09:27 AM)Pedro25 Wrote:

(03-08-2017, 10:38 AM)Pedro25 Wrote:

Yes he can, but he is misrepresenting the item, as it is a manufacturing defect and he knows that. Also it may not be allowed to be resold on eBay if it was a puff depending on which forum it was through. I'd at least try to make it a more difficult process for the guy, but its all up to you

He's fully aware of the fault and the steps I tried to remedy the fault. As for selling it on eBay... I don't think there's a rule against it even if it was a pif.

One of the Mods is aware of the Forum I piffed it on.

0 37
 03-08-2017, 12:13 PM
User Info
Hoping the seller isn't a member here.  Dodgy

73 4,303
 03-08-2017, 12:21 PM
User Info
While I think it's a bit "unseemly" to sell on ebay something received as a PIF, I don't think it's illegal or anything.  I mean, once you give something or sell something to somebody, doesn't that thing now belong to them?  And if so, would you restrict their freedom to do as they please with an item that belongs to them?  

Just asking the question to stimulate thought more than anything else.

2 1,459
 03-08-2017, 12:30 PM
User Info
Profiting at the expense of another member involving transactions conducted at TSN is prohibited. As has been stated many times, members chose to offer items here at a lower cost than they would otherwise fetch to allow other members to experience those items without getting fleeced in the process.

160 1,037
 03-08-2017, 12:32 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
What this fellow is doing on eBay is sleazy, even though it's his right to do so.
Had the item been obtained through TSN, he would now be banned.

102 18,650
 03-08-2017, 12:33 PM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 12:13 PM)TexBilly Wrote: Hoping the seller isn't a member here.  Dodgy

He is.

160 1,037
 03-08-2017, 12:40 PM
User Info
Legal? Probably. Cool? Definitely not! Ugh.

23 634
 03-08-2017, 12:50 PM
User Info
I just read the Ebay post.  While not one to point fingers, I believe the description is not fair to a "newbi" or "rookie" since they most likely will not know the difference and that each side should have the same blade gap/angle. Hopefully the seller will see these posts and correct the error of his/her ways.  Borderline ethically at best.

22 752
 03-08-2017, 01:48 PM
User Info
First, selling an item one has received as a PIF is sleazy.

Second, this guy is misrepresenting the condition of the razor and concealing a known defect.  He even tries to characterize the defect as a plus.

Due to this PIF having occurred on another forum, I don't know that we can do anything other than call the guy for his lack of ethics.  I agree with Ravi that if he had obtained the razor through a PIF here, he would be banned.

50 6,079
 03-08-2017, 03:33 PM
User Info
That guy is a D**KHEAD!!!

Somebody could win it and report it to PayPal as misrepresented and get their miney back...just a thought...*shrug

I wonder what the guy would think if the person who PIFd it to him won it and reported the misrepresentation!!!

=0

7 326
 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 12:21 PM)kingfisher Wrote: While I think it's a bit "unseemly" to sell on ebay something received as a PIF, I don't think it's illegal or anything.  I mean, once you give something or sell something to somebody, doesn't that thing now belong to them?  And if so, would you restrict their freedom to do as they please with an item that belongs to them?  

You have obviously missed the point of my post.

Did I say it was illegal? Did you not read my earlier posts saying "it is his to do with as he wishes"? Of course I know it belongs to him. I am not trying to restrict his freedom to do as he pleases.

The reason for my post was to point out that he is selling a faulty Tradere, plain and simple. I don't wish for anyone to be duped into buying and parting with a considerable amount of money for what they may believe to be a good example of a Tradere.

0 37
 03-09-2017, 05:58 PM
User Info
Sucks that he is reselling like that, but the worst part is the inaccurate description. I'm in the market for a tradere head so I'm glad to have the head up about this.

0 27
 03-10-2017, 09:04 AM
User Info
(03-09-2017, 12:23 AM)Pedro25 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:21 PM)kingfisher Wrote: While I think it's a bit "unseemly" to sell on ebay something received as a PIF, I don't think it's illegal or anything.  I mean, once you give something or sell something to somebody, doesn't that thing now belong to them?  And if so, would you restrict their freedom to do as they please with an item that belongs to them?  

Did I say it was illegal? Did you not read my earlier posts saying "it is his to do with as he wishes"? Of course I know it belongs to him. I am not trying to restrict his freedom to do as he pleases.

The reason for my post was to point out that he is selling a faulty Tradere, plain and simple. I don't wish for anyone to be duped into buying and parting with a considerable amount of money for what they may believe to be a good example of a Tradere.
I didn't miss anything.  I was just thinking out loud for discussion's sake.  I understood your original post perfectly.  My post wasn't aimed at you or at anyone.....just a thought process.  Sorry for the confusion.

2 1,459
 03-10-2017, 09:39 AM
User Info
(03-09-2017, 12:23 AM)Pedro25 Wrote:

Everybody has your back on this forum in this situation and we appreciate you bringing this to light. Some of the replies could be to other gents posting in response and also out loud thinking as well.

There's nothing worst than an individual taking advantage of the generosity of a fellow wetshaver on these forums.

It sounds like your being proactive about the situation, I hope the seller gets what he deserves and at the bare minimum gets banned from the forum this took place at

28 779
 03-12-2017, 11:59 AM
User Info
I do have a link to the forum ( I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links for other forums on here. so I won't Smile) that he received the item from and, I have also posted the original PM to the seller stating why it was faulty. So If any one would like to PM me, I'll send them the link.

Peter

0 37
 03-12-2017, 12:59 PM
User Info
Noticed he edited the description. Wording it like it's a manufacturer defect and was unaware. Only finding out due to being hit told by a forum... 

I would like to know who it is just for peace of mind with future BST and Piffs.

147 3,537