03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
User Info
Is there a difference in the Feather single blade or the Kai single blade or even the Gem with regards to making a SE razor more aggressive or more efficient? I would not think so as they are longer than the standard DE. Still learning, still experimenting.
Thanks

4 74
 03-08-2017, 12:22 PM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 12:19 PM)DBart. Wrote: Is there a difference in the Feather single blade or the Kai single blade or even the Gem with regards to making a SE razor more aggressive or more efficient?  I would not think so as they are longer than the standard DE. Still learning, still experimenting.
Thanks

In my experience it is the razor not the blade stiffness that makes it more aggressive. Larger blade gap, more exposure, angle and so forth. I guess a sharper blade could cause some change too.

1 143
 03-08-2017, 12:30 PM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 12:19 PM)DBart. Wrote: Is there a difference in the Feather single blade or the Kai single blade or even the Gem with regards to making a SE razor more aggressive or more efficient?  I would not think so as they are longer than the standard DE. Still learning, still experimenting.
Thanks

I would agree that it's the razor more than the blade, but in the same razor, the blade starts to count. Also, single edge safety razors do tend to have stiffer blades, for what that's worth. I have used Asylum single edge, which is quite aggressive, and OneBlade, which is more on the mild side. Generally speaking, Feather makes the sharpest blades out there. Have fun experimenting!

0 42
 03-08-2017, 12:38 PM
User Info
(03-08-2017, 12:30 PM)AtomicDog Wrote:
Thanks

I would agree that it's the razor more than the blade, but in the same razor, the blade starts to count. Also, single edge safety razors do tend to have stiffer blades, for what that's worth. I have used Asylum single edge, which is quite aggressive, and OneBlade, which is more on the mild side. Generally speaking, Feather makes the sharpest blades out there. Have fun experimenting!

Thanks!

4 74