03-11-2012, 09:43 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
After today's shave with the iKon Bulldog OC, I had the thought that some razors seem more intuitive for finding the sweet spot than others. For example, when I use the Cobra Classic or an injector, I really do not think about it at all...I just grab the razor and shave hitting the sweet spot every time. Other razors, such as the PILS or iKon Bulldog require me to consciously use a more shallow angle, almost putting the head of the razor flat to the face. As long as I keep this in mind, I get a very smooth and efficient shave. If I do not keep this in the back of my mind, my tendency with the Bulldog in particular, is to use too steep of a cutting angle resulting in a bit of irritation.

Which razors are the most intuitive for you and which ones do you have to pay special attention to while shaving?

45 16,352
 03-11-2012, 10:43 AM
User Info
For me the Gillette Slim and Merkur 43 HD are the most intuitive brushes to find the sweet spot. It seems that I just place the razor against my face without thinking about it and whiskers dissapear.

On the other hand, the Muhle R41 (2011) requires my attention continuously.

3 452
 03-11-2012, 12:38 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I find that most of my DE's just naturally seem to find the sweet spot. SE's (with the exception of my Schick Injector E, which is no problem) take a bit of thought but it really isn't a big deal. Once found, I really don't think about it again throughout the shave.

2 11,211