03-11-2017, 05:48 AM
  • Brad58
  • Go Penn State!
  • Berwick, PA
User Info
For those that have tried these soaps or creams, I am curious as to your thoughts regarding scent and performance.
Also, approximate cost with shipping in US dollars?

14 192
 03-11-2017, 07:44 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I own both soaps and creams.  All scents are muted, and very "clean" and pleasant.  My favorites are Slatteroy and Fjellheim.

They are vegan, high quality products.  I prefer the creams to the soaps, but soaps are still very good.  There is a sampler available for the creams and I suggest you start there.

Shipping cost is less than expected.....I think it's only around $10.

The cream makes a white, dense, slick lather.  Very nice. Aftershave balm is equally nice.  I think these newer formulations are a definite step above their older products.  Nice packaging too. Customer service is also terrific.

159 1,315
 03-11-2017, 08:13 AM
User Info
I'm using the cream sampler, and the scents and performance are top quality.  Definitely the best cream I have tried.

10 1,650
 03-11-2017, 08:16 AM
  • Brad58
  • Go Penn State!
  • Berwick, PA
User Info
Thank you men, I believe I will try the cream sampler and a gel.

14 192
 03-11-2017, 08:18 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Just received my 2nd tub of Slåtterøy cream and bought the moisturizer.  I am using a tub of Fjellheim now and sample of Havn to try.  

I face lather with cream and very happy with performance and post shave feel.  The scents are more mild than over-powering (a plus for me).  The scents are  "Norwegian" and not the typical TOBS Sandalwood (which I also have).  Good service and response to questions.  I plan to keep a Fitjar Islands (or 2) in my rotation.

Cost is about $24 per 150ml tub.  Shipping seems fixed at about $7.  Order 2 tubs and total around $55.  

Owner/designer is female.  Do not join the club of "asking how was your shave today".  She describes the scents on her husband shave.

4 298
 03-11-2017, 08:41 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I used their previous soaps and creams and enjoyed them, partly because my family is Norwegian. However, their new products are even better, and their creams are as good as any other shaving cream that I've tried and quickly became my favorite.

38 5,029
 03-11-2017, 08:50 AM
User Info
I should probably give Fitjar a go... being Norwegian and all Wink

3 4,371
 03-11-2017, 09:34 AM
User Info
I have two soaps of the new formula, they are much better than the old ones, soft and very natural scents, they are on top in performance and are better than many tallow soaps out there  IMO.

8 1,676
 03-11-2017, 11:47 AM
User Info
Haven't yet tried their shaving items, but did find their bath soap excellent.

Edit: It specifically was the Nyasha (facial cleanser) soap; still sold, but I think no longer called Nyasha.

0 420