05-27-2018, 12:30 PM
User Info
(11-12-2017, 01:21 AM)mickeyobe Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 03:41 AM)Quando Wrote: Can anyone recommend a favourite scuttle mug to use.  I have a regular mug now, and, would prefer warmer lather, I think.  Or, at least a taller mug, to go with my new, longer brush.  

Any recommendations would be helpful.  

Thank you, in advance.

Mickey Bowl.
Electrically heated.
Beautiful ceramic bowl with specially designed base to gather and retain heat. Kept at a steady 91F as long as desired.  
Bowl and heater are sold separately.
Contact Michal Yoresh, Modiin Israel.  She is a ceramic artist and talented potter and a major participant
in the development of this bowl .

[Image: IMGP7606.jpg]
The Brush: Note extra length of 2-7/8" handle of custom brush by Frank Shave. Finest Badger Knot is 2-1/4" long.

Where did you acquire the electric heater?

1 32
 06-11-2018, 04:08 PM
User Info
(05-02-2017, 08:38 AM)LookingGlass Wrote: Please look at the folks on Etsy.  They tend to be smaller but make very nice pottery.  I have a Doug Smith which I enjoy.

Doug Smith's shaving items are pretty awesome.  Have loved a lather bowl I purchased.

0 25
 06-11-2018, 05:45 PM
User Info
Where did you acquire the electric heater?

Michaels Arts & Crafts in Toronto.

Any outlet that sells scented candles such as specialized candle stores, supermarkets, arts and craft stores, hobby shops, big box stores like Walmart's or Costco,  Hardware stores and the internet.

Take the bowl with you so that you will get a good fit as close to the size of the element as possible.
If the element is too small the bowl's base will not seat properly and will be useless
I prefer a single temperature setting so there will no inadvertent miss-settings,  and they are cheaper.
Mine maintains a steady 91F measured in water in the bowl. Lather is too difficult  to measure accurately .
If it is too big it will waste heat and electricity and your money.
There are so many available that there should be no problem getting what you want.
Do not hesitate if you have any more questions.

Mickey Oberman
mickeyoberman1@gmail.com

0 68