03-14-2017, 08:56 AM
User Info
I have recently received my soap from Uncle Jon's Soap! Gravity and Prohibition. Initially the smells are wonderfully subtle and complex.
Gravity: A sophisticated concoction of crisp mountain air with dark undertones. As described by their site.
Top Notes: Crisp Alpine Air, Mandarin, Bergamot
Mid Notes: Black Pepper, Cardamom
Dry Notes: Vetiver, Suede, Vanilla, Teakwood

I will have more on this once I dig out from the snow and THEN shave!
Prohibition: The best way to describe this scent is "spicy sophistication" Again. Their site.

These are slightly soft soaps. IE you can push i finger dent into it. They are tallow based. Although the Gravity says Tallow or Palm oil. They have distributors in Canada and the UK. The Shaving Time Co. I am not being paid or supplied with free soap to do a review.

They are located with a brick & Mortar in Berlin MD. It is a small batch artisan soap. Shaving, bath, etc.
OK! on to shoveling and then maybe a shave tomorrow!
Stay tuned

4 74
 03-14-2017, 05:16 PM
User Info
I have multiple soaps from uncle jons and I'm happy with all of them. I have lavender lime and gravity and my favorite so far is lime

2 47
 03-15-2017, 05:12 AM
User Info
On to the further review. I tried Gravity this morning.
 Vie Long horse hair brush and RazoRock Blaxk hawk with feather. 

The soap lathered quickly and easily. We have filtered well water. Not hard, but not softened either. The "puck" is pliable like Sapone di Paulo or CRSW. The slickness was way above average and the cushion was excellent. The lather stayed consistent through the second pass. (only 2 today). No nicks, no irritations. The soap did not need a ton of water, but a little more than most.  I still got good feedback from the razor. The scent was amazing. Deep and complex like in my first impression, but not overpowering at all. 

Now, the post shave scent is awesome. It has a really nice light lingering scent which I love in a soap, but not overpowering if you want to wear an aftershave. Of the 11 soaps I have this is in my top 4!
Highly recommended, NOT a paid review.  

4 74
 03-15-2017, 08:39 PM
User Info
(03-14-2017, 08:56 AM)DBart. Wrote: They are tallow based. Although the Gravity says Tallow or Palm oil.

This is interesting, since that seems to be a pretty big difference... Have you noticed a difference in the performance and feel of the two soaps, with the Gravity mentioning the 'or'?

5 80
 03-16-2017, 12:29 AM
User Info
I have none of his soaps yet. Plan to get some   this summer when I visit Maggards . I do know from watching his videos he will share his skills ( not recipes ) with all. I look forward to meeting him  and asking him   just what it is he shaves ????

0 38