03-16-2017, 08:20 PM
User Info
Performance/scent thoughts?

Particularly interested in Tobacco, as it reads as if it could pair nicely w/ Bergamot and Bay.

13 523
 03-28-2017, 09:55 PM
User Info
I dunno about the performance but I visited the shop and like the Barbershop scent the most. I can't comment on the tobacco because I don't like those scenes in general.

6 776
 03-29-2017, 03:13 AM
  • Nonick
  • Straight razor
  • Australia
User Info
(03-28-2017, 09:55 PM)Gig103 Wrote: I dunno about the performance but I visited the shop and like the Barbershop scent the most. I can't comment on the tobacco because I don't like those scenes in general.

Is the barbershop scent like Mikes or CRSW?

0 51
 03-29-2017, 09:17 AM
User Info
I haven't smelled either of those. It is similar (not identical) to Maggard's which I'm told is the same as Mike's.

6 776
 03-29-2017, 10:02 AM
User Info
I have Gaelic Tweed splash at its pretty strong and lasted a good part of the day.

0 30
 04-11-2017, 06:32 AM
User Info
I've used the Matterhorn AS and I'm not a fan.  I've always wanted to try the Gailic Tweed, and I saw they have some Barbershop balm now, but Matterhorn isn't for me.  Because of my negative experience, I've been hesitant to try another scent.  I love their soap overall, but even the Matterhorn soap doesn't do it for me now.  I'm just a little turned off by the Matterhorn AS specifically.  I think I don't like it because the scent is much stronger than the soap, and at that strength it's a little overwhelming.

0 43
 04-13-2017, 02:55 PM
User Info
(04-11-2017, 06:32 AM)richy240 Wrote: I've used the Matterhorn AS and I'm not a fan.  I've always wanted to try the Gailic Tweed, and I saw they have some Barbershop balm now, but Matterhorn isn't for me.  Because of my negative experience, I've been hesitant to try another scent.  I love their soap overall, but even the Matterhorn soap doesn't do it for me now.  I'm just a little turned off by the Matterhorn AS specifically.  I think I don't like it because the scent is much stronger than the soap, and at that strength it's a little overwhelming.
What did you think of the Matterhorn scent? I think that one's supposed to be a take on Creed Silver Mountain Water, which I've never smelled and can't quite tell from the description if it would be interesting or not.

6 93
 04-13-2017, 05:52 PM
User Info
(04-13-2017, 02:55 PM)jesseix Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 06:32 AM)richy240 Wrote: I've used the Matterhorn AS and I'm not a fan.  I've always wanted to try the Gailic Tweed, and I saw they have some Barbershop balm now, but Matterhorn isn't for me.  Because of my negative experience, I've been hesitant to try another scent.  I love their soap overall, but even the Matterhorn soap doesn't do it for me now.  I'm just a little turned off by the Matterhorn AS specifically.  I think I don't like it because the scent is much stronger than the soap, and at that strength it's a little overwhelming.
What did you think of the Matterhorn scent? I think that one's supposed to be a take on Creed Silver Mountain Water, which I've never smelled and can't quite tell from the description if it would be interesting or not.

Creed Silver Mountain Water is one of my favorite frags of all time.  I have never smelled Matterhorn.

13 523
 05-18-2017, 10:27 AM
User Info
(04-13-2017, 02:55 PM)jesseix Wrote: What did you think of the Matterhorn scent? I think that one's supposed to be a take on Creed Silver Mountain Water, which I've never smelled and can't quite tell from the description if it would be interesting or not.

I like the soap, but the AS is a little intense.  I've started cutting Fine American Blend AS by about 50% by adding some Thayers alcohol-free "witch hazel" and Everclear, to tone down the strength, so I may try this with the Matterhorn AS to see if it's more my speed after knocking it down a few pegs.

0 43