03-26-2017, 05:23 AM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
...the other thing is: I can't use any of my favorite badgers more than 1-2 days in a row without giving them time off, otherwise their knot gets into the "too floppy" zone.
I can and do use my synthetics (same one(s)) for days and days and their knot is consistent from day to day.

55 2,366
 03-26-2017, 05:41 AM
User Info
Maybe off topic a bit but Muhle HJM tends to "drip" less than my other synthetics.

34 842
 03-26-2017, 05:44 AM
User Info
I have been using the Chubby 2 and Duke 3 synthetic for a month now and I have to agree that the badger brushes does have a more superior feel for face lathering, no question about it.  These 2 synthetic does feel great on the face, soft, no scritch at all, just different and the technique for using them is also different, as others mentioned I also squeezed all the waters out of the brush before loading and it seems to work fine.  I use them regularly and enjoy the variety.

15 448
 04-14-2017, 07:31 PM
User Info
Update to this review.

I will split it up in two - the knot and the handle.

Handle Rating: 4/10 - I just do not feel safe with this handle in my hands, and it's too short and lack proper ridges to avoid lather coming down the handle. Very cramped feeling when holding this CH2 in my hand, not painfull but uncomfortable in feel. 

Knot rating: 7/10 - I have to admit, that this knot is, as many others have said, a very nice synthetic knot. As long as I go with the unnaturel nature of synthetic knots, I have to admit, that Simpson actual did a great job with this knot. I don't know whether mine has Mühle STF v2 fibes in it, or if Simpson has sourced some synthetic hair knots and used these. All I know is that the knot is a very nice synthetic knot. I still dislike the unnaturel feel of it, and that I have to be cautious with my water ratio during the shave, isn't this called WET SHAVING after all ?, but with that said Simpson has done a great job with this knot.

I still wish Mark Watterson would release a Chubby 3 Synthetic knot. This COULD be the best ever synthetic knot and synthetic brush ever made for people, that prefer handles a bit larger and a large knot.

So Please Mr. Watterson, release the Chubby 3 Synthetic shaving brush.

24 5,628
 04-14-2017, 07:41 PM
User Info
(04-14-2017, 07:31 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I still wish Mark Watterson would release a Chubby 3 Synthetic knot. This COULD be the best ever synthetic knot and synthetic brush ever made for people, that prefer handles a bit larger and a large knot.

So Please Mr. Watterson, release the Chubby 3 Synthetic shaving brush.

Couldn't agree more, Claus!

21 489