03-17-2017, 06:41 PM
  • Quando
  • A Diplomatic Immunity Zone
User Info
So, I picked this up, today, at a small, local, neighborhood type pharmacy run by immigrants from...Africa.  They just said Africa, not the name of a country.  I thought nothing of it, at the time, but, now I think it is a bit off.  

Anyway, I got this hand cream.  It comes as a puck, but, the puck split in half as soon as I opened the lid.  No sweat off my back.  It works great.  You just rub your fingers on it, and, then you rub that into your hands.  

It feels really good.  My hands were splitting open, all over the place.  All along the knuckles, and, around the nails.  Plus, just random places on my hands would bleed.  Anyway, I really liked this product, and, thought I would share.  

It works amazingly well.

1 419
 03-20-2017, 12:52 PM
User Info
I have very dry hands. Have an awful time during the winter. Like you my hands also split open and often bleed. My wife got this for me and it's probably the only cream I've tried in years that actually works in the winter. All the other ones simply don't keep my hands moist!
Recently I tried a sample of the Body Shop Hemp Seed cream. Comes in a tube similar to loccitane balm tubes, must say it's actually superior to o'keefe's and more natural. Smells better and have a nicer consistency, also 3 times the price but clearly a much better product. Look up your nearest store and ask for a sample. Excellent stuff and if your hands are like mine you are gonna love this product

8 765
 03-21-2017, 05:50 AM
User Info
I really like this stuff too.  I agree with snowman; a lot of hand lotions just seem to keep your hands moist and don't really moisturize.  This almost has a waxy consistency and so it takes some effort to rub in, but it lasts and keeps my hands in good shape.

83 1,499
 03-21-2017, 06:17 AM
User Info
I would also look into Badger balm for hardworking hands. Organic and made on the east coast, great stuff, also believe it or not Filson tin cloth wax, has pine pitch and other stuff in it, great stuff.

17 1,276
 03-21-2017, 01:50 PM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I find that a hand cream containing 5%-10% urea works very well for me.  Currently I use Eucerin with 5% urea and Gold Bond with urea.  Both brands have other hand creams, but they don't contain urea, so you need to read the label.

5 848
 03-22-2017, 02:27 AM
  • Quando
User Info
(03-20-2017, 12:52 PM)snowman Wrote: I have very dry hands. Have an awful time during the winter. Like you my hands also split open and often bleed. My wife got this for me and it's probably the only cream I've tried in years that actually works in the winter. All the other ones simply don't keep my hands moist!
Recently I tried a sample of the Body Shop Hemp Seed cream. Comes in a tube similar to loccitane balm tubes, must say it's actually superior to o'keefe's and more natural. Smells better and have a nicer consistency, also 3 times the price but clearly a much better product. Look up your nearest store and ask for a sample. Excellent stuff and if your hands are like mine you are gonna love this product

(03-21-2017, 05:50 AM)jpakstis Wrote: I really like this stuff too.  I agree with snowman; a lot of hand lotions just seem to keep your hands moist and don't really moisturize.  This almost has a waxy consistency and so it takes some effort to rub in, but it lasts and keeps my hands in good shape.

Thanks, guys.  I will look for a store, and, let you know. 

(03-21-2017, 06:17 AM)Nevada Red Wrote: I would also look into Badger balm for hardworking hands. Organic and made on the east coast, great stuff, also believe it or not Filson tin cloth wax, has pine pitch and other stuff in it, great stuff.

I would love to try Badger Balm.  Unfortunately, I am allergic to a few of their ingredients.  

(03-21-2017, 01:50 PM)Rufus Wrote: I find that a hand cream containing 5%-10% urea works very well for me.  Currently I use Eucerin with 5% urea and Gold Bond with urea.  Both brands have other hand creams, but they don't contain urea, so you need to read the label.

I have heard of Eucerin, and, Gold Bond.  I will look for these, at the pharmacy. 

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions.

1 419
 03-30-2017, 03:58 PM
  • Quando
User Info
BUMP

So, tonight, at the local chain-pharmacy, I picked up the complimentary O'Keefe's Healthy Feet Foot Cream.  It is a similar, but, stronger, formulation.  I am really looking forward to using it.

1 419
 03-31-2017, 08:33 AM
User Info
My hands are the same.  

I use Le Couvent Minimes Gardeners Hand Healer: 
http://www.ulta.com/gardeners-hand-heale...rod5660090 
https://www.amazon.com/Couvent-Minimes-G...B0079MPY9O 

I can find it pretty cheap online actually and it smells great and stays on.  One of the problems I have with these hand creams is that they come right off when I wash my hands.  This doesn't.  Not sure if O'Keefe's does.  Also my wife got me a bees wax product (small brand I forget the name of) and it was nice going on but felt...waxy.  The gardeners hand healer wasn't waxy but stayed on.

0 131
 03-31-2017, 09:06 AM
User Info
(03-17-2017, 06:41 PM)Quando Wrote:   My hands were splitting open, all over the place.  All along the knuckles, and, around the nails.  Plus, just random places on my hands would bleed.

You could also try unrefined shea butter. It works wonders for this.

82 21,024
 04-05-2017, 03:09 AM
  • Quando
User Info
(03-31-2017, 09:06 AM)celestino Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 06:41 PM)Quando Wrote:   My hands were splitting open, all over the place.  All along the knuckles, and, around the nails.  Plus, just random places on my hands would bleed.

You could also try unrefined shea butter. It works wonders for this.

Where might I find this?

1 419
 04-05-2017, 03:14 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Thanks for the tip. I'll give O'Keefe a try.

I've been using Mitchell's wool fat hand lotion and Mystic Waters hand salve with success.

150 1,243
 05-02-2017, 09:47 PM
User Info
I haven't heard anyone mention Huskers corn oil. It's the best stuff I've used and it's what a lot of carpenters live by for cracked hands.

1 40
 05-04-2017, 09:36 AM
User Info
Have you ever tried burt's bees hand cream?

2 52
 05-04-2017, 10:49 AM
User Info
I use O' Keefe's for Healthy Feet. It works really good at keeping my dry feet moisturized. I only have to apply it once or twice a month.

0 31
 05-07-2017, 02:04 PM
  • Quando
User Info
(05-04-2017, 10:49 AM)Wayjr Wrote: I use O' Keefe's for Healthy Feet. It works really good at keeping my dry feet moisturized. I only have to apply it once or twice a month.

I used to use this, but, can no longer find any.  I switched to GoldBond Foot Cream, instead.

1 419
 05-07-2017, 07:50 PM
User Info
I don't have problems with cracking skin but I have used O'Keefes.  Great product but I like unrefined Shea butter more.  It seems to leave a longer lasting subdural barrier on my hands.  I love winter steelhead fishing where hands stay both wet and cold.  The butter keeps them going strong.  And it's cheap.

2 124
 05-16-2017, 05:24 PM
User Info
O'Keefes is really good stuff. They also make a blue puck for feet that work just as good.

7 107