03-22-2017, 01:31 PM
User Info
(03-21-2017, 06:08 AM)Bony Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 05:05 AM)snowman Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 07:37 PM)minimalist Wrote: BINGO!!!!! One I had in late 2007...HMW #12 pictured on far right.... Best brush I ever never should have sold. GREAT horn.

One I bought last year...#12 also HMW in horn..... 12 thumbs down....a freakin MOP.

(the one in the middle was purchased in Cannes in 1972....I shouldn'thave sold it either....oh well, my newly acquired $40 Ye Olde Apothecary Badger is more my speed these days)
[Image: M2TBjIF.jpg][Image: 2zaKsFt.jpg]

WOWW!! both brushes, middle and far right are absolutely stunning. The black horn one is very special! what a beautiful brush! it's really too bad they don't make them like they used to! I wonder how these brushes held up over the years.

(03-20-2017, 07:42 PM)cdude62 Wrote: Fortunately I have never encountered any shedding problems. What's also interesting is this was my first brush purchase going into it completely blind. I really didn't research this brand at the time. Purchased purely on looks. (So naive). I still own it so there has to be something said for that. Along with 19 other brands.
I tend not to compare to others.  I like to enjoy the characteristics and qualities each have to offer. If your really interested I would recommend waiting to see what the BST has to offer. Post a WTB. They do come up on various forums. Would I buy new ? Definitely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's good to hear and I hope you never have a shedding problem with your brush. thanks for your help and recommendation, I may have to take this route. The only reason i would buy new is for the warranty... probably pay a lot initially but at least i can hold a vendor accountable if things go wrong!
That was my thoughts and let me ask. In my case I bought new Plisson brush size 12 HMW from authorized retailer in Canada, when the problems began I contacted him and he was very nice and communicated with Plisson on my behalf. After 5 months I got new brush ,and I was happy for a only 2 weeks. Now I have replacement brush who's also shedder , even worse. Sound crazy right? I will try to communicate with Plisson, and my chances of getting new brush from Plisson directly are equal to winning the NY State LOTTERY. My suggestion is to look at GOGGLE for HMW , this is how I found my brush. Be prepared for long run , and if you are lucky to find one you can always can hold the seller accountable if any problems .

That's awful! Thanks for the advice

Joe j- that's a beautiful brush. Glad it's a non shedder. I have to admit I love their resin handles. Very classic looking and nice shine to them

4 692