03-21-2017, 09:43 AM
User Info
I've a mild case of persistent razor burn- really just red dots. I've been DE shaving for about two months now. Keeping it WTG/ XTG, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing, alum, the whole nine. The mild red dots aren't terribly inflamed or infected at all, but the redness persists. I'm going to try some products with glycolic acid- two from Jack Black deep dive glycolic facial cleaner and the line smoother oil-free moisturizer. This is separate from my shave routine. But wanted to know if anyone had experience with these products or success banishing the remnants of persistent razor burn. Thanks for any thoughts!

11 76
 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM
User Info
Red dots, you say? Try laying off the alum and see what happens.
I never got those dots again after benching my block.
What I thought was a beginner's technique issue was actually a reaction (and I'm not the only one).

8 849
 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM
User Info
Jackson, if you're anything like me, perhaps the use of multiple products on your skin has something to do with it.  I apply two things to my face - shave soap and aftershave.  Anything more and irritation could creep in.  Perhaps the products you list were introduced over time and not all at once.  I wish you luck and perhaps others who've used those products can share their wisdom soon.

65 3,492
 03-21-2017, 10:05 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
I'd lay off the alum, that's good advice.

I also agree that you may be using too many products.  When you shave, try to use a highly nourishing soap and balm.  Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina is fabulous with great performance and post shave feel:  https://bullgooseshaving.com/products/sa...-soap-150g.  With a soap like this you should only need the matching balm or even something as simple as Nivea sensitive post shave balm.  Nuavia and SMN V3 are also very good soaps with exceptional skin conditioning/healing properties.  Speick and Soap Commander balms are also great.

Eric

46 844
 03-21-2017, 11:56 AM
User Info
Thanks for the advice fellas. Much appreciated. I'll let you now how it goes.

11 76