03-21-2017, 05:08 PM
User Info
Gents,

Along with some simple aftershaves and honing service I am testing the waters on selling some vintage straight razors, these razors will be priced low enough that it will afford those wanting to try a straight razor the option of doing so at an affordable price, so with that said I am looking for opinions on displaying the razors, i want to list the razors as a blind sale like in you say you want one and I pick one from the available inventory I have and hone and polish it and send it to you with a free aftershave sample or would you as a prospective buyer want to see a picture of each razor seperatey with a description, these razor are no beautie queens but will come shave ready and would last you a long time if properly cared for.

6 1,258
 03-21-2017, 05:13 PM
User Info
Larry at Whipped Dog has been successfully selling inexpensive older razors for some time.  He sells them sight unseen at two prices, depending on the flaws in them.

48 5,719
 03-22-2017, 01:01 AM
User Info
I may try listing them seperately but if they move quickly and I end up selling more I may go to just one listing and do what you called " Sight Unseen" the Mrs thinks I should sell them seperately as she said " I would want to see what I am buying"

6 1,258
 03-22-2017, 06:09 AM
User Info
I would like to see them listed - many of my vintage straights are stained or have blemishes but still shave like a fine Dovo.

4 465
 03-22-2017, 09:52 AM
User Info
I think folks would like to see what they are buying.  I know Larry's sight unseens are great but sometimes you want to be able to pick what razor you want to pick up.  

Good luck with this!

2 93
 03-22-2017, 10:23 AM
User Info
my dear panther friend;

i have no doubt you can make good business with the unseen razors.  you can probably sell one of them to my oldest brother, who is the quintessential utilitarian.  but for more sophisticated buyers like me, vintage razors is a little too little.  there are thousands of brands of vintage razors out there.  not all are the same.  as a honer you know not all of them are able to retain a very keen edge the same way.  my brother might buy you one whereas i might buy you twenty.  alas, they have to be the real thing.  

listing them will take you time.  time is money.  i would not mind to pay that part of the equation in order to get what i want. i am not suggesting that price is not an issue in this business.  it is.  but it is not the only issue. if your prices are reasonable, you will sell.  This two guys have their act together.  I have bought from both.  The first one is gixguns.  the second is bob.  take a look.  its not the only way to go.  sure it won't hurt you.

http://www.gemstarcustoms.com
http://bobsrazors.com

good luck.  let us know when you are up for business.  no one´s collection is ever complete!

best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 479