03-21-2017, 05:10 PM
User Info
In all my (many) fragrance trials, I've never had this happen.

After receiving some new scents from a fellow member, I did what most of us do - spray them on the back of each hand.  Went through the usual sniff test, let them dry down, started the ever important analysis.  Only hours later did I realize my hands were darkened where I had sprayed - perhaps a shade darker than natural. Blew it off and forgot about it.  Fast forward a day, after my shower, and the darkened spots are still there!

The only thing that comes to mind is some ingredient reacted with my skin - no irritation or redness mind you - but it's never happened before.  And with two different EdTs.

What say you?  Am I just the unlucky one?  Dodgy

73 4,269
 03-21-2017, 06:09 PM
User Info
Wow!  Never heard of that.

2 133
 03-21-2017, 06:12 PM
User Info
(03-21-2017, 06:09 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: Wow!  Never heard of that.

It's odd for sure.  Now I want to spray my legacy EdTs in different spots.  Sounds like a lab experiment in the making.  Tongue

73 4,269
 03-21-2017, 06:23 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
 03-21-2017, 06:52 PM
User Info
I can think of people that would pay for this!!!

=P

7 305
 03-22-2017, 12:28 AM
User Info
Depends on what you used. There are all kinds of stuff going on. Some have synthetic elements too in them which your skin might have reacted too.

But has not happened thus far with me. To be safe, please use test strips.

Also, on day to day wearing, please spray on your clothes from 6 inches away and never on your body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 718
 03-22-2017, 04:00 AM
User Info
(03-22-2017, 12:28 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Depends on what you used. There are all kinds of stuff going on. Some have synthetic elements too in them which your skin  might have reacted too.

Also, on day to day wearing, please spray on your clothes from 6 inches away and never on your body.

Could be - though I have all varieites of fragrances in my den, high end and drug store variety alike, and this has never occurred - or I haven't noticed.

Appreciate the advice on test strips but I figure I'm ok statistically, as I've tested on my hands and arms for decades.  Still, I almost always spray my clothing (front of shirt, collar) but for purposes of longevity. 

P.S. The staining, though now faint, is still there this morning.  Blank

73 4,269
 03-25-2017, 09:16 AM
User Info
(03-22-2017, 12:28 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Depends on what you used. There are all kinds of stuff going on. Some have synthetic elements too in them which your skin might have reacted too.

One reason that many perfumers recommend NOT spraying clothes is because of discoloration. I've discolored enough white shirts to know to spray my neck first, wait a few minutes for the initial dry-down, then to dress.

26 992
 03-25-2017, 09:21 AM
User Info
(03-25-2017, 09:16 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:28 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Depends on what you used. There are all kinds of stuff going on. Some have synthetic elements too in them which your skin might have reacted too.

One reason that many perfumers recommend NOT spraying clothes is because of discoloration. I've discolored enough white shirts to know to spray my neck first, wait a few minutes for the initial dry-down, then to dress.

Well, that happens when one sprays from very close to the shirt. Ideal distance is 6 inches or slightly more. It gives the required distance to the atomizer to do it's job.

Not only you, any other person will get discolored shirts if sprayed from very close. But spraying on clothes, specifically cotton or linen increases the longevity of the scent on an individual due to the interlocking structure of the threads. They let the air flow through better than other fabrics.

1 718
 04-19-2017, 03:18 PM
User Info
Two Almost four weeks later and the stains on my hands are still there, but fainter.  Shok

73 4,269