08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Gentlemen :

I truly recommend,to all those who are worried about their health,or get on a better shape/health,to watch this documentary,which is now offered online for free.

This is not about quitting meat and only eating grass like cows, or jump from diet to diet (I dont belive in diets at all, just in right or wrong ways of eating), but to have common sense and apply it when it comes to food.

We live in a society where we can find all the food that we want,and that could be a huge advantage, as well as a big disadvantage,since some food is basically rubbish and makes us sick.

I know that people think that Im crazy when I say that many sicknesses are caused because an unhealthy lifestyle and a very poor diet (you can be overweight and eat a very poor nutritional diet) and you can recover your health just by eating right.

This documentary is about an Australian man who decide to cure himself of a strange sickness,after visiting many doctors and try every method,but the one that finally cured him : eating right,in this case, through juicing for 60 days.He also decides to travel around USA while making this change of his lifestyle and filming this documentary.In his journey met another man (a truck driver) with his same disease and...anyway,I wont tell you more,watch it by yourself.

The documentary could be watched here for free : Join The Reboot

Hope you enjoy it,and think about it,specially if you are sick, and are tired of it,or simply want to "reboot" your body.Maybe your food is making you sick.Everything in life is about moderation and if you apply that common sense of moderation,life would be very rewarding.I have seen that myself.

Peace.

86 7,123
 08-17-2012, 03:42 AM
User Info
My wife and I just watched this a few weeks ago(on netflix). Very good and motivational.

9 333
 08-17-2012, 06:17 AM
User Info
As usual, Teiste shares some great info. It is a fantastic film and well worth watching. Smile

6 135
 08-17-2012, 06:49 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you for sharing

100 12,438
 08-17-2012, 06:52 AM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
Where can you see the whole vid for free ?

the link was only for the introductory trailer.

7 243
 08-17-2012, 06:53 AM
User Info
Teiste is completely right regarding how important our food is. Being a chiropractor I tend to have a non-convential view on things but still based on tons of information. Feel free to PM me if you really want to get into a deeper talk. What I mention next is NOT a recommendation, but rather my beliefs offered up as a resource for you to do your own research & find what's right for you.

Archevore: these 12 steps are a great general overview for giving our body what it's designed to function on & removing those things we cannot process.

I have not fully incorporated this lifestyle yet, but this is my lifestyle goal regarding food.

Losing Abnormal Fat: Dr. Simeons' manuscript "Pounds and Inches" explains where obesity comes from and the mechanism behind the HCG diet to actually burn up your bad fat while keeping your healthy fat.

I've followed this protocol & helped others with this to have some amazing results. It's definitely not for everyone.

Finally, I suggest learning more about Intermittent Fasting & Tabata Training (I incorporate both of these already & really like them).

31 7,912
 08-17-2012, 08:00 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
(08-17-2012, 06:53 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Being a chiropractor I tend to have a non-convential view on things but still based on tons of information.

THANK GOODNESS!!! We need more people in the medical field (of all kinds) that believe in alternative ways.

Granted I'm still a believer in modern medicine because there are times when it's needed. Without it I would be dead in a few years to come. That's a scary thought to think if my cancer hadn't been found. Or even if I listened to the gastroenterologist I saw who told me he didn't think my "spot" on my CT was anything to worry about. But he would schedule me for a endoscopy just to give me peace of mind. I never did go back to that guy. Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest of cancers. But I do believe there is a place for using food to heal your own body. Now if there was just a way to heal the body from fibromyalgia and the pain I now have from all the trauma I went through right after surgery and during my recovery period. I hate taking pain meds but I hate hurting even more. My doctor is trying me out on a seizure medication that is also used for chronic pain and I think it's helping a little. But there are days once in awhile I just wish I could stay in bed and let the day pass. I don't look forward to the next flair up because I know it will be hell and then one day I'll wake up and feel great, the that my flair up was just a dream. But it wasn't...

I have watched that movie several times on netflix, and I'm always inspired from it. We have started juicing and doing more green smoothies around our house on a regular basis. This winter I do want to do a week fast myself. When the hubby can do it with me. I think it will be hard having kids who want/need to eat food. But my biggest problem is since having 2/3 of my pancreas removed is my need for protein. I don't think I am processing protein so when I get average/low amounts of protein I can feel it. I get so tired I can't make it through the day without a nap! But if I eat high protein and start the day off with a BIG burst of protein I feel so much better and have a lot more energy.

But I don't cook and never really have cooked with processed foods. But I now bake my own bread between from scratch recipes and my bread machine.... We eat more raw foods than we ever have, some days the only thing that is cooked is the protein. We eat more vegetarian meals than we have before. I rarely cook vegetables anymore, but sometimes do lightly grill them. I try to eat foods that are "clean", for those that know what that is. I don't drink cows milk anymore, but found I love almond or some when I run out I drink Non-GMO Soy milk just because I can't get almond in town. But I still buy cows milk for two of my kids because they refuse to convert.... *grumbles*

Thanks Brian for posting those links. I am going to look into them!!!! I just may take you up on that offer for a PM chat for more in depth discussion.

googling "Intermittent Fasting & Tabata Training"

7 405
 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM
User Info
(08-17-2012, 06:52 AM)iKon Wrote: Where can you see the whole vid for free ?

Greg, I believe you have to be in the USA to watch it for free. I couldn't access it either.

3 315
 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-17-2012, 12:42 PM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 06:52 AM)iKon Wrote: Where can you see the whole vid for free ?

Greg, I believe you have to be in the USA to watch it for free. I couldn't access it either.

Im sorry about that,gentlemen.I understood that the video was gonna be free and available for all the world,but it seems its only working in USA.
Its available in Netflix too.

86 7,123
 08-17-2012, 02:28 PM
User Info
To add to Teiste's video, you may also be interested in this very well done piece from a BBC reporter. You can watch it on YouTube, Here:

If more persons followed this simple little way of living, it could, possibly, prevent most sicknesses.
Like Brian and Teiste, i have been educating myself on healthier eating for over 20 years and if anyone has any questions, i would be more than willing to offer suggestions, reading material or advice.

75 20,883
 08-17-2012, 04:05 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Thats another great documentary,Celestino!Thanks for sharing it!

86 7,123
 08-18-2012, 03:42 AM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
This was good video , the food we eat is what fuels or in some cases destroys our bodies.

Took some convincing my kids that Happy Meals are worse than dog food with even less nutritional value.

I like the concept of the 2nd day fast that was highlighted in the youtube vid and would like to give that a try myself.

Tonight we ate in a local Korean restaurant and although mostly vegetables , I'm sure the salt and MSG content was thru the roof and also rather big portions are served.

[Image: IMG_20120818_00033.jpg]

(08-17-2012, 02:28 PM)celestino Wrote: To add to Teiste's video, you may also be interested in this very well done piece from a BBC reporter. You can watch it on YouTube, Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfna7nV7WaM
If more persons followed this simple little way of living, it could, possibly, prevent most sicknesses.
Like Brian and Teiste, i have been educating myself on healthier eating for over 20 years and if anyone has any questions, i would be more than willing to offer suggestions, reading material or advice.

7 243
 08-18-2012, 03:47 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Greg I have seen this before and its excellent. I believe in eating what you like but in moderation.

100 12,438
 08-18-2012, 12:23 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Just eat ice cream and all your problems will be solved. And even if they're not solved, after eating the ice cream you won't care. Biggrin

All kidding aside, I'm with Jerry on this. That is, all things in moderation. If it is healthy to do something and it works for you then go for it.

2 11,211
 08-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-18-2012, 03:42 AM)iKon Wrote: This was good video , the food we eat is what fuels or in some cases destroys our bodies.

Took some convincing my kids that Happy Meals are worse than dog food with even less nutritional value.

I like the concept of the 2nd day fast that was highlighted in the youtube vid and would like to give that a try myself.

Tonight we ate in a local Korean restaurant and although mostly vegetables , I'm sure the salt and MSG content was thru the roof and also rather big portions are served.

[Image: IMG_20120818_00033.jpg]

(08-17-2012, 02:28 PM)celestino Wrote: To add to Teiste's video, you may also be interested in this very well done piece from a BBC reporter. You can watch it on YouTube, Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfna7nV7WaM

Greg,I thought than in Asia it was kind of "forbidden" to serve food with MSG,since its like an "insult" to the "food tradition".I was told that by both a Chinese and Japanese chef on a visit to my Island back in 2007.

86 7,123
 08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
(08-18-2012, 01:11 PM)Teiste Wrote: Greg,I thought than in Asia it was kind of "forbidden" to serve food with MSG,since its like an "insult" to the "food tradition".I was told that by both a Chinese and Japanese chef on a visit to my Island back in 2007.

MSG use is pretty prevalent , think most folks would be shocked exactly how much is used in common Asian dishes that 'taste great'.

Salt content is huge in most Asian food , would depend on each cook of course.

Fish Sauce known as Nuoc Mam or Nam Plaa is used in excess.

Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce (foundations for most prepared Asian foods) are also loaded with salts.

Often all stir fried together in a wok , what looks like a healthy dish can be loaded down with so much bad stuff it defeats it's own purpose.

[Image: stir.jpg]

7 243
 08-18-2012, 09:28 PM
User Info
i have to agree with Greg on the MSG and too much salt in most Asian food. i have many colleagues who lived in Asian countries teaching English and they confirmed this fact.

75 20,883
 08-19-2012, 09:35 AM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
This is a very good program to follow. I modified it a little bit and have lost about 17lb. I purchased a ninja blender from costco, and now blend (I drink pulp and all) in the morning, Lunch at exactly noon, then fruit dinner. I feel great. Awesome documentary really made me rethink about all the junk food I was eating.

I plan to get back into bike riding as soon as the heat dies down. Rolleyes

1 265
 08-19-2012, 10:35 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-19-2012, 09:35 AM)Mynorx Wrote: This is a very good program to follow. I modified it a little bit and have lost about 17lb. I purchased a ninja blender from costco, and now blend (I drink pulp and all) in the morning, Lunch at exactly noon, then fruit dinner. I feel great. Awesome documentary really made me rethink about all the junk food I was eating.

I plan to get back into bike riding as soon as the heat dies down. Rolleyes

Well done,my friend!

We eat more junk food than we realized,Im afraid.

86 7,123
 08-19-2012, 10:42 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
The sad thing about that, Teiste, is so much food that probably isn't good for us on a steady basis is passed off as healthful. Look at the coupons in the Sunday paper for various foods. Then look at the sodium content of the foods being advertised. At least here in the U.S.A., people have become salt junkies. As far as I'm concerned, salt should be a flavor enhancer and not a flavor unto itself which it seems to have become. Sad

2 11,211