03-25-2017, 06:58 AM
User Info
i know its a crazy idea, but it occurred to me:  does anyone reapply pre shave before each pass? just want to know if anyone out there....

0 411
 03-25-2017, 07:05 AM
User Info
I actually quit using preshave altogether. I found it wasn't helping my shaves at all. I found that quality soap gut rid of the need for preshave.

0 117
 03-25-2017, 07:07 AM
User Info

0 117
 03-25-2017, 09:14 AM
User Info
(03-25-2017, 07:05 AM)Mrchick Wrote: I actually quit using preshave altogether. I found it wasn't helping my shaves at all. I found that quality soap gut rid of the need for preshave.

how lucky.  blood was out of the equation as soon as i started using it.  i don't mean cuts.  i forgot about cuts a while ago.  i mean that little blood that appears that let you know that you went a little too far with the exfoliation.  the one that rinses away and doesn't come back.  ahhh.  the thing is that when i took that step forward, i went after the ultimate bbs a step further.  it seems that i just like knocking on the limits door.

i don't think that the soaps i am using are any bad.  i mean:  viking, shannons, tabac, cold river, dr. harris, checkz and speake, la cigale, cella, saponifico, bigelow, proraso, etc.  

i gess i have soft skin and tough whiskers!

;-)

0 411
 03-30-2017, 03:56 PM
  • Quando
  • The Galactic Empire
User Info
I used to, sometimes, but, then I got the shaving soap that matched it, and, the menthol in the soap, &, cream make up for that in the pre-shave.  I tried to give up the pre-shave, but, no, I need it.  It is basically a milder form of cold cream/skin cream.  I love it.  It is one of my favourite grooming consumables.

0 307
 05-03-2017, 02:50 PM
User Info
I wash my face with Noxzema Moisturizing Cleansing Cream (the one that doesn't smell like menthol). Rinse and apply a pre-shave cream to wet face then lather.

2 52
 05-06-2017, 04:58 PM
User Info
In my case a warm 10 minute shower is the best preshave, I only use Pure Greek Olive Oil Soap with only three ingredients; Sodium Olivate (saponified olive oil), Aqua, Sodium Chloride, and Citric Acid (a natural pH balancer) , leaves you squeaky clean without using liquid oil for the Oil Cleansing Method, which does work... goodbye dry, flaky skin   
  http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

1 148
 05-06-2017, 05:49 PM
User Info
I don't usually use preshave oil anymore but will put mango butter sometimes now before I shower. But I have used the SV preshave oil in similar fashion as you mention as pre and then before lathering on 2nd and 3rd passes.

77 1,244