03-11-2012, 12:33 PM
User Info
Spring has come to NH. Most of the snow is gone. The pond out front is ice free. The ducks that visit every spring were back for the first time this morning. They flew away when I just tried to take a picture.

It is 60 F and sunny. A beautiful day. A day that needs to be seized and celebrated.

I intend to do that by grilling steaks and baked potatoes on the deck. I am practically salivating as I type this.

The steaks will be seasoned with garlic powder, pepper and a heaping portion of salt. That's it. Then grilled to a nice char on the outside while still bright pink on the inside.

With the time change I'll even be able to see what I am doing.

It is good to be alive.

Phil

7 363
 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(03-11-2012, 12:33 PM)PhilNH5 Wrote: Spring has come to NH. Most of the snow is gone. The pond out front is ice free. The ducks that visit every spring were back for the first time this morning. They flew away when I just tried to take a picture.

It is 60 F and sunny. A beautiful day. A day that needs to be seized and celebrated.

I intend to do that by grilling steaks and baked potatoes on the deck. I am practically salivating as I type this.

The steaks will be seasoned with garlic powder, pepper and a heaping portion of salt. That's it. Then grilled to a nice char on the outside while still bright pink on the inside.

It is good to be alive.

Phil

Ooooo, and you said your address was...? Babeando

2 11,211
 03-11-2012, 02:18 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I got My airline tickets already

100 12,448
 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
User Info
Phil, I'll bring the beer, and maybe some of Freddys single malt for later. Heck, I'll even bring the cigars. Biggrin

Man, you just gave me an idea for Wednesday. We're supposed to hit 71f. Yeah Baby.

2 546
 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
  • Manticore
  • Old And In The Way
  • Manchester, New Hampshire
User Info
(03-11-2012, 12:33 PM)PhilNH5 Wrote: Spring has come to NH. Most of the snow is gone. The pond out front is ice free. The ducks that visit every spring were back for the first time this morning. They flew away when I just tried to take a picture.

It is good to be alive.

Phil

I roasted a basket full of onions, summersquash and snap peas on the grill. When they were done we put a good burn on some Key West Chicken.

I agree, it was a beautiful day in Southern NH.

0 136
 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
User Info
Phil,

which town in NH are you in/near? I might make a trip up to Keene in June...

40 5,830
 03-12-2012, 02:37 AM
User Info
"I agree, it was a beautiful day in Southern NH."

Manticore, I am not far from you - Derry. Your grilling sounds good.

Andrew. I am ~70 miles from Keene. But due to lousy east/west roads in NH it is about 1 1/2 hrs from Derry. Feel free to stop buy and I'll throw a
porter house on the grill for you.

Phil

7 363
 03-12-2012, 04:07 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
That sounds great Phil. I love spring time, when everything starts to bloom.

7 1,018
 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
User Info
We had great temps that day too, odd how great minds think alike, we grilled also.

Our forest is still covered in snow, but all that remains in the open fields is where I pushed up snowbanks from the little snow that we did get. The ground never fully froze this year or so it seems. Almost immediately, where we would have puddles accumulate from snow melt, it was absorbed into the water table. I never saw that happen up here before. Normally our snowmelt runs off and out to sea, then the ground thaws and our new water for the wells is soaked up from the spring rains.

Nice little pond. I wish I had one for our dogs to romp in.

32 6,310
 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(03-12-2012, 02:37 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote: Feel free to stop buy and I'll throw a
porter house on the grill for you.

Phil

You sir are my kind of man. Steak and potatoes. Emmmmmm good.

We have also been very unseasonable here in North Central Wisconsin. Sunshine, and mid 70's. I'm holding my breath because it has not been like this for the past 22 years in mid March.

173 23,548
 03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
User Info
(03-16-2012, 10:21 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Nice little pond. I wish I had one for our dogs to romp in.

I don't let my dogs swim in it. It gets pretty nasty in the summer. The dogs have run of the house and furniture and bed. Don't want them bringing the pond stink into the house. They have to wait for the weekends and can swim at our camp.

Phil

Johnny
"You sir are my kind of man. Steak and potatoes. Emmmmmm good.

We have also been very unseasonable here in North Central Wisconsin. Sunshine, and mid 70's. I'm holding my breath because it has not been like this for the past 22 years in mid March."

I fancy my self a reasonably good cook. But a simple steak and potatoes can remind me that it doesn't have to be fancy to be delicious.

We to had an unseasonably warm winter. Hardly any snow which is very weird for NH. But as the guy responsible for clearing the drive I am not complaining.

Phil

7 363