10-29-2018, 10:43 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Obviously not a party to this transaction but can speak to EU (including Germany) postal issues being very real and akin to your experience.  May not have been Thater's fault.  Further, makes no sense that he would offer to repair on discount then renege after you sent brush.  Not flaming; simply suggesting he may well have been truthful.

3 290
 10-29-2018, 06:29 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
After reading all the trouble you went through on this brush I'd be good to just reglue another nice knot into the handle and call it my own. 

So, I'm curious which brushes have you ordered?

0 308
 10-29-2018, 06:54 PM
User Info
After owning more than 100 top badgers in 2015/2016 I sold 90% of them and are now down to just 10 badgers.

6 Shavemac and 4 Thäters.

I communicate directly with Bernd from Shavemac. With Thäter I would communicate with the shop, that sells Thäter.

If I ship brushes for repair, I always pay the extra to get a track number so I can follow where the brush is at.

Now a days the postal service in Western Europe is not the stellar service it was just 10 years ago.

If you hire employees, that have another understanding of what loyalty and respect is, the postal service will reflect just that. This is what you see currently happening in most of Western Europe these years.

I have pretty much stopped using Danish postal service for that very reason and use GLS/DPD instead.
They pretty much have the same lousy standard of service as our postal service for the same reasons, but their prices reflect this level of service better since they are lower.

Conclusion: If I ship things abroad for repair I always make sure to pay what it costs to be able to track my parcel.

25 6,396
 10-29-2018, 08:05 PM
User Info
I experienced something quite similar with a Revisor I had to return. It took weekly emails, Revisor pushing back on the mail, paperwork and a lot of patience to get my money back. It was DHL to blame and not Revisor.
I hope your new brushes make it up for you. That one must have created a pretty good first impression.

9 1,455
 10-30-2018, 04:24 AM
User Info
(10-29-2018, 06:54 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: If I ship brushes for repair, I always pay the extra to get a track number so I can follow where the brush is at.

Conclusion: If I ship things abroad for repair I always make sure to pay what it costs to be able to track my parcel.

I sent it by registered post with a tracking number. That's how I knew something was wrong because it was showing as
arrived in germany, and no movement for 10 days. I also opened a case with the post office. I sent Thater emails about this twice
with my tracking number, I feel they could have at least called their post office and asked them to try and locate it. But nothing I heard
from Mr Schuldes made me think that ever happened. Whole episode left a horrible taste for me. 

I will now try and find someone who can put a different knot in this handle, altho some guys want you to send them an empty handle without
a knot, they say they don't want to be responsible for prying out the old knot in case they are liable for damaging the handle. 

To the gent who asked, I ordered the Thater Funf Fan and the LE 8670 with an olive wood handle.

The Funf arrived today....it looks like a great brush.

1 130