03-27-2017, 10:37 AM
User Info
Hello,  

After a year of unsuccessful attempts to acquire a Wolfman, my sights are now set on the soon to be released Barbaros TR-2.  I love the look of the razor (especially the handle), but I am concerned about the 1.0 mm blade gap (the gap has been confirmed by the manufacturer).  It was wondering if anyone can comment on the shaving experience with the TR-1 (the TR-2 is supposed to be similar.)  How does it compare to a Wolfamn 0.61 gap, a Timeless 0.68 or any other razor?

Thank you

1 159
 03-27-2017, 10:51 AM
User Info
Smooth as butter and very efficient.

It doesn't tend to bite like the Wolfman standard gap could. I got a reduced gap Wolfman because I couldn't focus my attention to the shave every day unless I used it exclusively. I don't. Because I use a different razor often each time I went back to the standard gap Wolfman I had some razor burn.

The 0.68 Timeless is similar to the TR-1 but perhaps a little bit more efficient. It's larger and heavier, depending on the handle. The Timeless head is larger than the Barbaros anyway. They shave similarly for me though.

There's so much more to how a razor behaves than the blade gap. It's a bit of an indication but it hardly tells the whole story. The various other factors that come into play are debatable. 

If the TR-2 is similar to the TR-1 it should be nothing to be apprehensive about. I would think that some would say it's not aggressive enough actually. 

I happen to really like the TR-1. It was the best shaving razor I bought last year. Very nice. 

I do like variety though. It would be one of the last razors I'd give up to be honest. A comfortable every day razor.

9 1,415
 03-27-2017, 10:59 AM
User Info
I purchased the Timeless 0.68 solid bar last week.  I am surprised how mild it is.  I wouldn't mind a little more aggression.  How does the TR-1 compare to the reduced gap Wolfman (my unicorn razor)?

1 159
 03-27-2017, 11:15 AM
User Info
(03-27-2017, 10:51 AM)bakerbarber Wrote: Smooth as butter and very efficient.

It doesn't tend to bite like the Wolfman standard gap could. I got a reduced gap Wolfman because I couldn't focus my attention to the shave every day unless I used it exclusively. I don't. Because I use a different razor often each time I went back to the standard gap Wolfman I had some razor burn.

The 0.68 Timeless is similar to the TR-1 but perhaps a little bit more efficient. It's larger and heavier, depending on the handle. The Timeless head is larger than the Barbaros anyway. They shave similarly for me though.

There's so much more to how a razor behaves than the blade gap. It's a bit of an indication but it hardly tells the whole story. The various other factors that come into play are debatable. 

If the TR-2 is similar to the TR-1 it should be nothing to be apprehensive about. I would think that some would say it's not aggressive enough actually. 

I happen to really like the TR-1. It was the best shaving razor I bought last year. Very nice. 

I do like variety though. It would be one of the last razors I'd give up to be honest. A comfortable every day razor.

I purchased the Timeless 0.68 solid bar last week.  I am surprised how mild it is.  I wouldn't mind a little more aggression.  How does the TR-1 compare to the reduced gap Wolfman (my unicorn razor)?

1 159
 03-27-2017, 11:35 AM
User Info
Coke or Pepsi?

Any razor at this point in stainless steel is different from a matter of taste I think.

Use one long enough and you'll dial it in.

Everything else is subjective. 

The reduced gap Wolfman is great. It's different than the Timeless which itself is different from other razors too.

9 1,415
 03-27-2017, 11:37 AM
User Info
(03-27-2017, 11:35 AM)bakerbarber Wrote: Coke or Pepsi?

Any razor at this point in stainless steel is different from a matter of taste I think.

Use one long enough and you'll dial it in.

Everything else is subjective. 

The reduced gap Wolfman is great. It's different than the Timeless which itself is different from other razors too.

I find the TR-1 just a notch more aggressive than the timeless 0.68, but much more efficient. It is in the top 3 of my razor.

1 17
 03-27-2017, 12:15 PM
User Info
I own all 3 , Timeless , Wolfman and TR-1 . The TR-1 is very tame and gives a great shave . You can't loose with either of the razors ..

17 264