03-27-2017, 04:20 PM
User Info
My dear friends;

A few days ago i received a package from Viking Soap.  

And I was not surprised at all that the products were Spectacular!!!!  Let me tell you why. 

[Image: CnMWPxJ.jpg] 

As you all know, Viking soaps are in high demand.  Every time i tried to buy them they were out of stock.  And i was following the time and date announced for availability.  I was unlucky and frustrated two or three times.  So i wrote to Andrew.  Bet most of you know the amazingly kind and generous he is.  He responded instantly and told me not to worry, that he was going to put aside a few products for me for the next offering.  To go out of your way like that means a lot to me.  True to his word, he send me an invoice, and i suspect that he already has sent the package.  Matters not.  He is a true gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.  Costumer service like this simply is not found around the corner... Well, if you go to Ohio, there is Brian and Shannon, just as good.  Service and products, just as good.  Unbeatable.

That is why i was not surprised!  A man that gives this much attention to his costumers MUST make his products with an immense amount of love, pride, respect and attention to detail. The truth of it all is that my expectations were high, and were met 100%.  Imagine, it is always sold out.  It must be good.  If he was another kind of man he would pump production full steam, and thus degrading quality.  But no.  Andrew takes pride in his product first.  I hope he is able to expand his manufacture capacity so more of us can enjoy his great product and he can enjoy his well earned rewards.

About the soaps:  both Valhalla and Ironsides are delicate and complex, lather easily and plentifully.  The packaging is all good.  The perfect size for loading a shave brush. 

I shave my head, and that takes some time.  I keep checking if the lather has dried out.  For that alone a couple of soaps i have are going out of rotation, not to be bought again.  I don't like to have to reapply soap mid pass.  Not so with Viking.  The lather has the ability to absorb a truck load of water.   Therefore, glide is 10 out of 10.  Of course, if a soap performs this good, cushion is as good also.  They go hand in hand.  Truth of the matter is I don't know which is responsible for the great post shave:  the soap or the balm.  The balm comes with a dispenser so precise that not a drop is going to be wasted.  I love it.

I hope that the lucky ones that got some enjoy their Viking products and that the not so lucky ones are able to get some soon.  You won't regret it.

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 479
 03-27-2017, 04:26 PM
User Info
Thanks for a useful review Pepe.  I have not tried Viking soaps yet, but I'm aware of the good reviews they get.

50 6,100
 03-27-2017, 07:25 PM
  • Viking
  • Artisan - Soap & Cosmetics
  • Ames, Iowa
User Info
Thank you Pepe, I very much appreciate your kind words. I have some limitations with my website with regard to shipping overseas (and to PR), so I like to try and help folks that reach out by doing a set aside order. I'm starting to scale batches up a bit in an attempt to have more available. Hope you enjoy!

10 233
 03-27-2017, 08:34 PM
User Info
(03-27-2017, 07:25 PM)Viking Wrote: Thank you Pepe, I very much appreciate your kind words. I have some limitations with my website with regard to shipping overseas (and to PR), so I like to try and help folks that reach out by doing a set aside order. I'm starting to scale batches up a bit in an attempt to have more available. Hope you enjoy!

We all thank you. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 479
 03-30-2017, 03:45 PM
User Info
The more i use them the better i like´em!

0 479