03-29-2017, 04:42 PM
User Info
So I've two daughters under 5 and a third due in 12 weeks. The last thing I need is curious fingers finding my blade cache. I can hear you now, "Why don't you just put them up high out of reach." Listen, with my daughters I've had to invent new child proofing mechanisms - they've hacked the off-the-rack locks. Anyhow, I wanted to lock up a stash of blades in the bathroom, but secure them in style. I found this vintage wooden lock box on Etsy. It's got amazing brass inset details, a functioning lock and key... And someone else's initial on the top of the lid. Perfect. Wanted to share. It's the little things that give me peace - safe blades and tiddy organization.

How do store your cache of blades?

[Image: 3840246d834d8d3bb9c28fcc4fff749b.jpg]
[Image: b98f4a59dc11346fc8fe0e9450f59bab.jpg]

18 105
 03-29-2017, 04:55 PM
User Info
That's a beautiful vintage box Jackson.  I would still put it out of reach.  You can't underestimate the ingenuity and perseverance of kids the age of yours.

43 5,506
 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM
User Info
I need something better than the plastic tub I'm using now soon.

Our little one is into everything. 

That wooden box is a good idea. With the lock and key.

7 1,279
 03-29-2017, 05:16 PM
User Info
I really like the looks of that box! You got lucky, didn't you! Smile I have grandkids from 1 to 15. They've never been interested in my razor blades, probably because I never talk about razor blades or where I keep them, and there's never any occasion when I would let them see me fiddling around with blades. For new blades I have a lidded porcelain jar and for used blades I made a slotted can out of a chicken broth can. Took a knife and cut a slot the size of a blade in the top so I could pour the broth out, and for looks I painted it in red and white stripes. It's almost full now after about 8 years of used razor blades.  Those containers are sitting on a shelf about head height over the bathroom counter. When the used blade can  gets full I'll toss the whole thing in the recycling bin and make another one.

24 1,208