03-31-2017, 03:00 AM
User Info
Up for sale two lovely birch wood handle brushes, crafted for me few months back by an artisan friend.

Brush No. 1 - Octagonal handle, raked rim.

Specs:

- Height of handle: 54mm on one side, 57mm on the other.
- Knot of 26mm dia., High Mountain White hair, Chinese origin.
- Has been used 2-3 times only.
- Loft height 52mm.
- Handle dia. approx. 42mm on the widest circumference area.

Comments:

- The knot is of very high quality (as compared to a wide array of other Chinese-made knots I have tried over the years). It has excellent properties (water retention, flow-through, etc.) and I would describe it as very soft. Knot density is medium to dense. Backbone is good (or 'medium' if you prefer) and I would personally use it more for creams/face lather. This is not a brush which you would get to immediately replace the knot with something else; the knot does a great job and does not need in any way to 'go'. 
- To give you guys a better idea of what we're talking about here, as compared to (say) a Frank Shaving brush, this knot and set is on the 'opposite' end I would say, as it offers a much more soft and luxurious feel rather than the "two-band" firm/stronger backbone/rougher tip feel of the FS brushes.

Price:

USD 80 all inclusive, worldwide registered delivery.

Photos:

[Image: wBEjRM2.jpg]

[Image: V76PrGS.jpg]

[Image: P3s9efD.jpg]

[Image: bpYB2o7.jpg]

[Image: KvKlC9j.jpg]

Brush No. 2 - Goose neck type handle.

Specs:

- Height of handle: 56mm, small rim, very light rake.
- Knot of 24mm dia., Two-Band hair, Chinese origin.
- Has been used 2 times only.
- Loft height 56mm.
- Handle dia. approx. 49mm on the widest circumference area (top part of handle).

Comments:

- The knot is of high quality (as compared to a wide array of other Chinese-made knots I have tried over the years). It has very good properties (water retention, flow-through, etc.) and I would describe it as very soft. Knot density is medium to dense. Backbone is good+ (or 'medium plus' if you prefer) and I would personally use it more for either creams/face lather or soaps/bowl lather. This is not a brush which you would get to immediately replace the knot with something else; the knot does a great job and does not need in any way to 'go'. 

Price:

USD 80 all inclusive, worldwide registered delivery.

Photos:

[Image: mADSWgF.jpg]

[Image: gaw309t.jpg?1]

[Image: 5HOXQXu.jpg]

[Image: LMv5lnW.jpg?1]

[Image: wF86eCY.jpg]

Thank you for viewing, thank you to the forum for hosting.
Only one brush per sale item for offer / other brushes shown in pictures not included in the subject sale.

1 68
 04-07-2017, 02:08 AM
User Info
Up with price reduction.

USD 60 per brush, worldwide registered delivery.

1 68