04-08-2017, 07:56 AM
User Info
I like all polished stainless or all copper.

43 5,518
 06-29-2017, 08:36 AM
User Info
(04-07-2017, 06:41 PM)stan Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 06:00 PM)Asafiev Wrote: What is a reasonable estimated time of arrival for the copper razors?

A polished stainless Atlas razor is in route to me now. Should have it by the first of the week. If that effort is acceptable then we may not be to far away. I am thinking of a polished line of stainless, poss copper razor and a cooper stainless mix as shown in the photos. Time will tell.
Any thoughts about the type of razors? As in, any chance of a copper SE1 or S2?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 76
 06-29-2017, 10:07 AM
User Info
(06-29-2017, 08:36 AM)DonnerJack Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 06:41 PM)stan Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 06:00 PM)Asafiev Wrote: What is a reasonable estimated time of arrival for the copper razors?

A polished stainless Atlas razor is in route to me now. Should have it by the first of the week. If that effort is acceptable then we may not be to far away. I am thinking of a polished line of stainless, poss copper razor and a cooper stainless mix as shown in the photos. Time will tell.

The razor production is well well underway. We are expecting them mid July. Both polished Stainless and Copper will be available. The handles will be a 3.5 inch Calypso style and the heads will come in three aggressions; H, R and M plates. The head has some revisions such as the blade tabs being covered. Also, the cap will extend over the blade more making the blade more rigid for a different shaving experience. Lastly, the venting of the base plates is different. This line is a more refined smother model that I felt was needed to round out the ATT razor family. We will now be offering the more economical aluminum line, our original matte stainless razors with their very popular industrial vibe and now our more upscale polished offerings so many have asked for.  Additional head models such as eh SE1 etc. will be added as demand dictates. I am very excited about these new razors for wet shavers and I believe many other will be too.

0 249
 06-29-2017, 10:25 AM
User Info
(06-29-2017, 10:07 AM)stan Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 06:41 PM)stan Wrote: A polished stainless Atlas razor is in route to me now. Should have it by the first of the week. If that effort is acceptable then we may not be to far away. I am thinking of a polished line of stainless, poss copper razor and a cooper stainless mix as shown in the photos. Time will tell.

The razor production is well well underway. We are expecting them mid July. Both polished Stainless and Copper will be available. The handles will be a 3.5 inch Calypso style and the heads will come in three aggressions; H, R and M plates. The head has some revisions such as the blade tabs being covered. Also, the cap will extend over the blade more making the blade more rigid for a different shaving experience. Lastly, the venting of the base plates is different. This line is a more refined smother model that I felt was needed to round out the ATT razor family. We will now be offering the more economical aluminum line, our original matte stainless razors with their very popular industrial vibe and now our more upscale polished offerings so many have asked for.  Additional head models such as eh SE1 etc. will be added as demand dictates. I am very excited about these new razors for wet shavers and I believe many other will be too.

Any idea on a price for the copper yet Stan?

4 48
 06-29-2017, 10:27 AM
User Info
Stan, I'm looking forward to both, but the Copper razor in particular.

43 5,518
 06-29-2017, 10:33 AM
User Info
(06-29-2017, 10:07 AM)stan Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 06:41 PM)stan Wrote: A polished stainless Atlas razor is in route to me now. Should have it by the first of the week. If that effort is acceptable then we may not be to far away. I am thinking of a polished line of stainless, poss copper razor and a cooper stainless mix as shown in the photos. Time will tell.

The cap extend will be a very good improvement.

Thanks for the update Stan.

3 1,011
 06-30-2017, 12:32 PM
User Info
Following...

I just purchased an Atlas H1, my first stainless razor.  I have to admit, I'm underwhelmed.  I'll probably pick up and H2 baseplate to try as well.  But one thing I'm now convinced of is that the brass razors seem to be the sweet spot for me in terms of weight.  I'm a head shaver, and I find the aluminum too light, and the stainless too heavy.  I'd love the option of a brass or copper version of the same razor.

1 293
 06-30-2017, 07:43 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(06-30-2017, 12:32 PM)gwsmallwood Wrote: Following...

I just purchased an Atlas H1, my first stainless razor.  I have to admit, I'm underwhelmed.  I'll probably pick up and H2 baseplate to try as well.  But one thing I'm now convinced of is that the brass razors seem to be the sweet spot for me in terms of weight.  I'm a head shaver, and I find the aluminum too light, and the stainless too heavy.  I'd love the option of a brass or copper version of the same razor.

It's my experience that brass and copper are both heavier than stainless.

60 843
 06-30-2017, 11:12 PM
User Info
(06-30-2017, 07:43 PM)greyhawk Wrote:

I found a chart online listing the weights of various metals in pounds per cubic foot.  From this chart I pulled the following weights, in pounds per cubic foot, for the metals commonly used in DE's. 

Aluminum     168.48
Titanium       283.39
Stainless       494.21
Brass             535.68
Bronze          541.00
Copper         559.87

43 5,518
 07-01-2017, 08:19 AM
User Info
(06-30-2017, 11:12 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:43 PM)greyhawk Wrote:

I found a chart online listing the weights of various metals in pounds per cubic foot.  From this chart I pulled the following weights, in pounds per cubic foot, for the metals commonly used in DE's. 

Aluminum     168.48
Titanium       283.39
Stainless       494.21
Brass             535.68
Bronze          541.00
Copper         559.87

You guys are right. Must be the fact that they are hollow, but I find my ideal razors are the Fatboy and Fatip Grande, followed by the Slim, then the Old Type and R41, both of which are paired with stainless bulldog handles.

1 293
 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I like the idea of a ATT razor looking like an old penny  Biggrin

6 263