04-01-2017, 08:45 PM
User Info
My ability to use the Search feature not withstanding, I have been unable to find the stated blade gap for the BBS-1.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

6 199
 04-01-2017, 09:09 PM
User Info
Believe it's 1mm and neutral (zero) exposure.
This blade gap is huge of course when you compare to a standard Wolfman (0.61mm) or even increased gap (0.74mm) - I believe that's the correct numbers. Also it's a bigger gap than the Timeless aggressive plate (0.95mm.)
However the BBS-1 remains smooth, I dare to say smoother than the aforementioned razors. Due to design maybe?! Flatter blade? Could be.. I don't have an answer to that one...

13 775
 04-02-2017, 04:29 AM
User Info
(04-01-2017, 09:09 PM)snowman Wrote: Believe it's 1mm and neutral (zero) exposure.
This blade gap is huge of course when you compare to a standard Wolfman (0.61mm) or even increased gap (0.74mm) - I believe that's the correct numbers. Also it's a bigger gap than the Timeless aggressive plate (0.95mm.)
However the BBS-1 remains smooth, I dare to say smoother than the aforementioned razors. Due to design maybe?! Flatter blade? Could be.. I don't have an answer to that one...

Thanks for the help.  I knew the gap was large.  I also agree that fixating on blade gap to the exclusion of blade exposure, angle, and all the other variables misses the point that gap is just part of the equation.  I have found that knowing the blade gap is most helpful when comparing razors that only differ on the gap such as a Wolfman .61 versus a .74.  I was curious for the BBS-1 because it looks a bit menacing at first glance.

6 199
 04-02-2017, 05:11 AM
User Info
(04-02-2017, 04:29 AM)Never2Close Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 09:09 PM)snowman Wrote: Believe it's 1mm and neutral (zero) exposure.

Thanks for the help.  I knew the gap was large.  I also agree that fixating on blade gap to the exclusion of blade exposure, angle, and all the other variables misses the point that gap is just part of the equation.  I have found that knowing the blade gap is most helpful when comparing razors that only differ on the gap such as a Wolfman .61 versus a .74.  I was curious for the BBS-1 because it looks a bit menacing at first glance.

Agree 100%. Have to take all other factors into consideration.
Makes sense about the Wolfman otherwise it's not comparing apples to apples. The BBS-1 is a prime example while other factors besides the gap play a big role

13 775