04-02-2017, 08:17 AM
  • thw
User Info
I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Rockwell razor. Should I get the 6s or wait for the mode T to arrive? Any suggestions / recommendations will be appreciated.

0 18
 04-02-2017, 09:02 AM
User Info
I'm not sure anyone can comment on the Model T.  I have the 6S and a model T coming.  The 6s is great, well built.  You should consider whether you want to adjust "on the fly" when shaving -- if you want that, then maybe the Model T is best as the 6S requires you to change plates to adjust aggressiveness -- not as easy when in the middle of a shave.

17 1,429
 04-02-2017, 09:12 AM
User Info
I have the 6s model and joined the KS for the Model T. To be honest there have been last moments changing from Rockwell on their Model T from all brass components to the head parts in Zinc and internals in SS. People are unhappy about this and Gareth is getting quotes for machining the head parts so we can have them in brass, I over heard on forums he will give option of the razor to be all SS. Either way one goes whether SS or Brass machined the price will jump no doubt, questions is how much of a jump for the upgrade.

See originally the razor was planned to be done from all brass via molding, and all the prototypes worked good and they looked really good with the plating specially the matte plating that I chose, but when the parts went into full production AKA large numbers they didn't turned out as he wanted because of the inconsistent sizes of the parts, so the razors didn't perform at all to his satisfaction. So as of now situation is you can have the razor for the same KS price we paid but with zamac head parts, or pony up more cash and upgrade to all SS or all brass machined, at least that's what is the rumor on the forums from people that spoke to Gareth via emails. Gareth should post new update Monday-Tuesday and we will see what he will bring.

In my opinion if you need razor now, go with the 6S because its proven performer and is available, while  the Model T is not even out yet and if you want it to be all SS or all brass it will cost more than the 6S or the base price of the model T that was planned in the beginning.

0 199
 04-02-2017, 09:31 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
+1 on the above. 6S with Plate#3 is very comfortable and efficient shaver. It feels almost delicate regardless of the direction you are shaving. I don't even switch between the plates when I go WTG, ZTG, and ATG. Since I got the BlackBird, Weber PH, and Rockwell 6s, I got rid of all of my adjustable razors. From the three razors I mentioned here, the 6S provides the best quality:price ratio.

113 1,497
 04-02-2017, 09:40 AM
User Info
Agree with the above advice on the 6S - it's a great razor and I believe it can be bought with selected plates vs. the entire set.  I always try to wait on new razors like the Model T, as early buyers provide feedback and the vendor  makes improvements as needed.

73 4,303
 04-02-2017, 09:48 AM
User Info
Can't comment on Model T, but I'm a 6S guy all the way. Those plates will never tear up,can't say the same for any mechanism.

13 496
 04-02-2017, 10:14 AM
User Info
I'd pick the one with fewest moving parts.

29 1,776
 04-02-2017, 03:08 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I am on the program for the 6t.  Nice concept, nice price and Rockwell seems like excellent company.  Does sound like vendor capability issues on the 6t and 4 months delay.  Rockwell will produce a very good razor, however,  some doubts the 6t will be the "greatest TTO adjustable ever".

One of my biggest regrets was not buying the 6s at $79 - before the price increase.  My other regret is passing up the black Friday 15% off sale at one vendor last year.

4 392
 04-02-2017, 03:36 PM
User Info
the 6s its a wonderful razor. i like plate number 6 with kai blades.  if i like it, it must be pretty aggressive... its solid rock and you can dial your shave any way you want.  i was a steal at $79.  and at $100 is a steal all the same. with a lot of respect to scov, anyone with much issue with those 21 bucks should look into a merkur 34c, or a muhle 89.  great shavers both.  this is the mayors and you get what you pay for...!!! best regards, pp.

0 479
 04-02-2017, 06:15 PM
  • thw
User Info
Thanks for the helpful comments. I'm thinking I'll go with the proven 6s.

0 18
 04-02-2017, 06:20 PM
User Info
That would be my choice also.

50 6,106
 04-02-2017, 08:31 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
(04-02-2017, 06:15 PM)thw Wrote: Thanks for the helpful comments. I'm thinking I'll go with the proven 6s.
Excellent choice! their customer service is outstanding too. I had a problem with the top cap and Gareth sent me a replacement free of charge.

113 1,497
 04-03-2017, 10:13 AM
User Info
(04-02-2017, 09:12 AM)bazemk Wrote: I have the 6s model and joined the KS for the Model T. To be honest there have been last moments changing from Rockwell on their Model T from all brass components to the head parts in Zinc and internals in SS. People are unhappy about this and Gareth is getting quotes for machining the head parts so we can have them in brass, I over heard on forums he will give option of the razor to be all SS. Either way one goes whether SS or Brass machined the price will jump no doubt, questions is how much of a jump for the upgrade.

See originally the razor was planned to be done from all brass via molding, and all the prototypes worked good and they looked really good with the plating specially the matte plating that I chose, but when the parts went into full production AKA large numbers they didn't turned out as he wanted because of the inconsistent sizes of the parts, so the razors didn't perform at all to his satisfaction. So as of now situation is you can have the razor for the same KS price we paid but with zamac head parts, or pony up more cash and upgrade to all SS or all brass machined, at least that's what is the rumor on the forums from people that spoke to Gareth via emails. Gareth should post new update Monday-Tuesday and we will see what he will bring.

In my opinion if you need razor now, go with the 6S because its proven performer and is available, while  the Model T is not even out yet and if you want it to be all SS or all brass it will cost more than the 6S or the base price of the model T that was planned in the beginning.

Apparently there will indeed be an option for an all SS model T razor, albeit at an unknown extra cost.  This will be interesting to see how this plays out.

1 87
 04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
User Info
Gentlemen, the stainless steel Rockwell Model T is still in crowdfunding.  It is not in regular production and is not available to the public.  TSN rules do not allow for the discussion of products in crowdfunding.  This rule was announced in 2016.  Once the product goes into regular production and is available to the public, it may, of course, be freely discussed.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=...ickstarter

This thread is now closed.

50 6,106