04-09-2017, 12:58 PM
User Info
[Image: XEuJJiE.jpg]
UPDATE:  Regarding the extra gear in the box...The spirit of this is to try, keep and add so you and future members can try out and enjoy new things.  I do not expect the samples I included in the box to return.  Smile However, make sure the final content will still fit into the original USPS Priority Mail medium box so the shipping cost will not increase.  (Please replace the box if it gets too banged up along the way)

Gents,

Phil has entrusted me with one of the Paradigm Titanium DE prototypes and I'm launching a short now long member tour to gather feedback on this beautiful razor.  Participants are being chosen from a mix of staff and selected members.

Should be fun!  Look for details in the coming hours.

OK folks, here we go!

As mentioned, we're selecting a small group of members for now.  If you are not chosen, but have interest, send me a message and I can add you to a "reserve" list, should we decide to extend the tour a bit or a member is unable to keep the tour moving (work, travel, etc.). 

The Lineup
TexBilly (Bill)
eengler (Ed)
poonjaji (Michael)
wreck | fish (Tom) 
TheLegalRazor (Ricardo)
Sully (Shawn)  
snowman (Jack)
asafiev (Tim)
beau
cdude62 
kbh20 In use
rory1262
skinny rogers
nickmach007
bazemk
retroron
mniemann
barrylu
entasis
mniemann

I imagine most of us have done this before but since a $395 razor is in play, expectations are worth repeating, much of which I borrowed from our resident tour expert, poonjaji.  They are simply intended to keep the tour fair, fun and safe. 

1. Duration:  Please limit your time with the gear to 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. Package Contents:  Paradigm DE, a variety of DE blades and perhaps a few samples to try on the side.  Each member is invited to use up to 3 blades (or use you own as you wish), so there should be plenty to go around.  Completely optional, but one of the reasons I'm using a medium box is for members to add blade, scent, soap, cream, etc. samples along the way.  Through past tours, I've discovered great products I never tried on my own.  I'll include enough Astra Platinum blades for each member to use it for at least one shave.  

3. Be Clean:  After I'm done with my turn, I will ship the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. UPDATE: Soapy hot water soak, Barbicide and Scrubby Bubbles are fine.  Please do NOT use boiling water or bleach on the razor as it could cause irreversible damage.

4. Package and Insure like a Pro:  I will carefully wrap and ship the package via USPS Priority Mail, Medium Priority Mail flat rate box and insure it for at least $400.  If Priority Mail is a hardship, please switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely. The razor, blades and samples are valued at over $400, so there is an expectation that each participant agrees to insure the package for a minimum of $400 in order to replace the razor should something go awry.     

5. Communicate:  Please post in this tour thread when you receive the razor and when it ships.  Upon receipt, please contact the next person on the list in order to have their shipping information on-hand when your time with the razor is over.  Please PM me as needed or if you have questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of the razor and have "gone off the grid".  

6. Post Reviews:  Please share your impressions in this thread, good or bad, with your fellow TSN members.  UPDATE: Please try to use the provided Astra Platinum blades for at least one shave, for comparative purposes, and post your specific thoughts on your shave with this blade.

7. HAVE FUN and...go Shave Nook!

73 4,269
 04-09-2017, 01:27 PM
User Info
(04-09-2017, 12:58 PM)TexBilly Wrote: [Image: XEuJJiE.jpg]

Gents,

Phil has trusted me with one of the Paradigm DE prototypes and I'm launching a short member tour to gather feedback on this beautiful razor.  Participants are being chosen from a mix of staff and selected members.

Should be fun!  Look for details in the coming hours.

Looks beautiful. I'd love to be included.  If not, I'll look forward to the responses of those who participate.

2 1,387
 04-09-2017, 01:29 PM
User Info
Look fwd to the reviews.

8 1,055
 04-09-2017, 01:34 PM
User Info
Wow!  This will be an amazing tour!

48 5,703
 04-09-2017, 02:01 PM
User Info
I would be interested as well but understand if that is not an option available to me.

I look forward to more reviews of this razor.

0 228
 04-09-2017, 02:03 PM
User Info
I'm interested as well, understand if not included

26 761
 04-09-2017, 02:31 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Hit me up with it!

5 527
 04-09-2017, 02:50 PM
User Info
Keeping an eye open...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 479
 04-09-2017, 02:51 PM
  • Beau
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I would be interested. The Paradigm Titanium DE is very beautiful from the photos, and I have certainly wanted to buy a titanium razor for quite a while.

0 310
 04-09-2017, 02:52 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Would be interested to join the tour if possible.

Thank you!
Alex

111 1,400
 04-09-2017, 03:05 PM
User Info
Updated OP with expectations.  I will begin posting my impressions of the razor later tonight or Monday.  After the first shave on Saturday, color me impressed.  Cool

73 4,269
 04-09-2017, 03:23 PM
User Info
Would love to check it out! If not no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 193
 04-09-2017, 03:26 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
This looks like a fun thread to follow!

8 1,289
 04-09-2017, 04:06 PM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
If there is still an open slot I'd like to take a test drive.

3 516
 04-09-2017, 04:34 PM
User Info
Heard back from and confirmed another participant and added him to the list (Sully).

73 4,269
 04-09-2017, 05:12 PM
  • pb56
  • New York
User Info
I'd love to be added to the tour if possible. If not, totally understood!

43 175
 04-09-2017, 08:53 PM
User Info
Would also be very interested in joining the tour group if at all possible.

10 338
 04-09-2017, 09:54 PM
User Info
hello,  if there is room for one more i would really like to be included, thank you.  brian (kbh2o) from ohio

35 36
 04-09-2017, 10:03 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I think it would be prudent to see how this razor performs in the southern hemisphere...  Tongue  Regardless, I'm looking forward to the reviews.

99 18,011
 04-09-2017, 11:56 PM
User Info
(04-09-2017, 10:03 PM)ben74 Wrote: I think it would be prudent to see how this razor performs in the southern hemisphere...  Tongue  Regardless, I'm looking forward to the reviews.

And how it would perform at high latitudes in Europe Tongue

Very much looking forward to hear everyones thoughs on this - this is a razor Im actually excited about Smile

3 4,370