09-05-2017, 04:50 PM
User Info
The Paradigm has landed!
Looking to enjoy that first shave Thursday morning.

0 189
 09-10-2017, 03:24 PM
User Info
I've saved my review for after shave Number Three this morning...
I went with the "tried and true" for this one. T&H West Indian Lime Cream and a POLSILVER blade (used once).
I seemed to have the angle at least very close to correct and used zero pressure. Three passes on the cheeks and jawline (WTG, ATG, ACTG) and two passes on my neck. Results were a DFS except one small irritated spot on my neck, leftover from shaves one and two. In fact BBS on about 75% of my face. No hidden hot spots either when I hit it with Black Beard splash.
Shave one was with the ASTRA, not a bloodbath but very irritating, very harsh blade feel. Results were patchy to say the least.
Shave two was with my go to POLSILVER. Much better, but I also paid way more attention to angle and such.
As stated, shave three was much better.
As for the razor itself, beautiful. I've been in machining and Quality Control all my life. This is a high quality piece of hardware.
I can certainly see it being worth the $ 395 price tag. For me, I would need more experience with moderately aggressive razors before I'd pull the trigger. Certainly no fault of the razor or it's design!
One more try tomorrow and then it's off to TN on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ron

0 189
 09-24-2017, 06:15 AM
User Info
Looking forward to an update here...it's been a while!

8 916
 09-24-2017, 07:30 AM
User Info
(09-24-2017, 06:15 AM)Rory1262 Wrote: Looking forward to an update here...it's been a while!
Should be en route to me, but I have not received it yet. As soon as it reaches me I'll let everyone know.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3 337
 09-24-2017, 08:18 AM
User Info
After my unexpected trip out of town.......issues at work bit me when I got back.
Box is packed and on my table, ready to mail tomorrow..
Sorry to all for interrupting the flow!

Ron

0 189
 09-25-2017, 07:56 AM
User Info
Ron, thanks for the update and getting the razor moving forward.  Looking forward to Nick's receipt confirmation and of course, impressions!

73 4,303
 09-27-2017, 07:05 PM
User Info
Razor received! I have not had a shave yet, but she is a beauty. I showed it to my wife and she said, "that really is beautiful razor." And she said it WITHOUT any sarcasm. I converted her to DE shaving awhile back, but it is still just more or less a chore (though admittedly she likes it better than cart shaving). First impressions? Interestingly enough it is both lighter and heavier than I expected. I've held other titanium handles (I own a UFO) and this one feels a bit heavier, but still lighter than my stainless steel wolfman.
Anyhow, more thoughts to come after I get my first shave with it. Cheers.

3 337
 09-29-2017, 05:59 PM
User Info
So, my shave schedule is a little off. I managed to get myself sick and have been home from work the last couple days. I did, however finally get a shave in. I'll need another shave to have some more detailed thoughts as I want to eliminate some variables. But, overall it was a good shave. It did not feel as aggressive as my standard gap wolfman, but still quite efficient. I had a little drag, but that may be user error as the weight of this thing was very different than I'm used to, so I'll comment more on that later. But needless to say, my skin was not irritated in the least bit and I easily got a DFS level shave with 2 passes (that was all I went for today). Again, just some quick thoughts, but give me another shave or two to get the hang of this. Then I'll have her off in the mail Mon or Tues at the latest. Forgot to say, I am using the Astra blades to start with.

3 337
 10-02-2017, 02:03 PM
User Info
I have reached out to the next member on the list and (assuming I hear back by tomorrow morning), I will have the razor out in the mail tomorrow. So I got a couple more shaves in and overall I am pleased with the razor. I still prefer my Wolfman--but that is mere personal preference as I think a lot of people would love this one. The weight is really nice. At first I wasn't sure about the lighter weight, but I've actually gotten used to this, and really think I will add a Titanium razor to my collection at some point down the road. 
I kept the same Astra blade, but varied the soaps. I tried CRSW, Sudsy Soapery, and L&L. 
Overall I am happy with this razor, but I do prefer a slightly grippier handle. I don't think it is slippery, but I prefer a more aggressive knurling-- I like the solid connection in the hand that I feel with that style. That being said, this handle is really beautiful--and as I mentioned it is functional. 
I found the razor to be mid range as far as aggressive. I found a reasonable angle and only once had a minor weeper (and that may honestly have been due to needing to reset the amount of pressure I use with this lighter titanium razor). There is a pretty good amount of blade feel and nice audible feedback. So no complaints with any of that. I did still find a hint of drag with my first pass in particular. I'm not sure what that was, as I've never had it before. It may be that I need to adjust the angle, but if that is the case, I never quite found the sweet spot, despite getting some very nice shaves. 
For me, I would absolutely have to be in love with this razor to justify the price tag. It didn't quite make it to that level for me. I think I saw that this razor is going to be produced in stainless steel (or maybe I just made that up--it has been that kind of day), and I might check it out in a slightly heavier (and I would assume slightly lower price point) version. 
I really appreciate being allowed to participate in this passaround. It is definitely an excellent razor, that I feel lucky to have been able to try out. 
Thanks!

3 337
 10-03-2017, 07:52 PM
User Info
Still haven't heard back from mniemann, so I thought I would try here since I already sent a PM...otherwise I'll move on to the next next person on the list.

3 337
 10-03-2017, 07:56 PM
User Info
(05-26-2017, 11:45 AM)mniemann Wrote: Check your PM

Hey, I sent you a PM a couple days ago, please respond, so I can send the razor your way. Thanks!

3 337
 10-04-2017, 02:56 PM
User Info
(10-03-2017, 07:56 PM)NickMach007 Wrote:

Hey, I sent you a PM a couple days ago, please respond, so I can send the razor your way. Thanks!

when they don't respond in 2 days you contact the next person in line

0 197
 10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
User Info
(10-04-2017, 02:56 PM)bazemk Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 07:56 PM)NickMach007 Wrote:

when they don't respond in 2 days you contact the next person in line
Thanks. It has just been 2 days as of today. And I already did send a PM to the following person, and am sending out the razor to him tomorrow unless I get a response before I go to bed tonight from mniemann.
I'll let everyone know when the razor ships. Thanks again!

3 337
 10-05-2017, 01:10 PM
User Info
Razor has been mailed and PM sent to member with tracking info. Thanks again for allowing me to participate!

3 337
 10-15-2017, 08:45 AM
User Info
Swapped the last two participants due to travel plans and updated the lineup.  Thanks again for the nice communication, Gents.

Blush  Now that we're near the end of the tour, I finally need to come up with a plan for the giveaway contest and will hopefully provided details this coming week.  Thanks, TSN!

73 4,303
 10-16-2017, 05:38 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Just finished a week with The Paradigm razor. I sent it on to Roy Otto Yor this morning. This was the first titanium razor I have ever shaved with. I really enjoyed the material and am determined to own a titanium razor someday. Craftsmanship for this razor was superb. The craftsmanship rivals even the Wolfman. However, I found the shave to be a bit underwhelming. My first shave was with a polsilver blade and the shave experience was not good. I could feel the blade on my face scraping the whiskers away. Not a pleasant feeling at all. The resultant shave was DFS to BBS. For the next shave I switched to a Gillette blade. The shave was much better. The blade feel was markedly reduced, although, I could still feel the edge of the blade somewhat. The resulting shave was closer to BBS. Although I liked the feel and built of the razor. I found the shave a bit lacking. The razor seems to be very dependent on what blade is loaded into the razor. Perhaps I did not find the optimum combination of blade and razor. I only had a week with the razor and had a limited time to try other blades. I think the razor might perform better with a Feather blade. The resultant shave was approximately equal to my Rockwell 6C. I find my Rockwell 6s and Guerilla razors out perform the Paradigm. This finding, however, may be true only for the two blades I tried. In conclusion, for me , the jury is still out on this razor.

68 1,068
 10-17-2017, 03:33 PM
User Info
Somewhat different blade choices, but very similar to my experience. The shaves just had a "harsh" feel to them and I'm not experienced enought to use the correct phrase. Hell of a razor in the quality department though.

0 189
 10-18-2017, 01:31 PM
User Info
The Titanium Paradigm arrived today, and I shaved with it using the Astra blade as recommended.                    
The shave went smoothly, with no nicks or weepers, but my post-shave face feel was a little rough.  
I did have to go over one area twice, but it was my first time using this tool and with an unfamiliar blade.
The production quality of the razor is as good as it gets, but it was not comfortable going against the grain.
I really like the scent of the balm that was in the package.  Can anyone please identify it for me.  Thanks.
[Image: Ys95xV9.jpg]

12 194