10-23-2017, 08:23 AM
User Info
I've had two more shaves with this excellent razor, and it keeps getting better.  Today was my third shave on a Feather blade.  
I used Cremo instead of soap and a brush, and with very good results.  I also returned to the matching handle for the last two shaves.  
I just can't think of anything bad to say about this razor.  Andrew Andersen really did a fine job here.  I only wish I could afford it.

[Image: HYJnNyU.jpg]

14 216
 10-24-2017, 07:13 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Feather was my next to try blade. However, my time was up with the razor and I had to ship it out. I have never used a razor quite like this razor. That is I have never used a razor that was so dependent upon the blade.

70 1,080
 10-25-2017, 08:54 AM
User Info
The Paradigm Titanium DE Razor is now on its way to California.  I mailed it to entasis this morning.  
I want to thank Tex Billy for allowing me to participate, and Andrew for creating such a fine razor.
It has been a pleasure to use, and I hope to someday own one myself.  I rate it at a 9.75 out of 10;
the best DE razor I have used to date.  That said, I still prefer Feather AC type SE razors over DE razors.
Thanks also to The Shave Nook for this excellent opportunity.  The best to all.

Roy Otto Yor

14 216
 10-25-2017, 01:37 PM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
Truly anxious to shave with this razor. Feedback with photos to follow.

13 626
 10-31-2017, 07:22 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
I received this razor this past Saturday. Owed to the past few days being hectic for the first two shaves I was forced to have very hurried shaves. When I put a razor through its paces I intentionally shave in a hurried fashion just to see how well it performs under quick conditions. However, I do not do this shave from the beginning as I had to with this razor. I've got this say that this razor is a champ at the quick shave! There are observations as well as photographs that I need to get quickly established here as time is ticking.

On another note, I have to say, with great respect, that the package arrived properly packed (this is big deal for me) with care and laden with goodies. This speaks highly of the caliber of members here at The Shave Nook. I'm honored to be the last of the pass around recipients.

13 626
 11-04-2017, 08:04 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
[Image: mxOshIr.jpg]

This is the first time I have used an all titanium razor although I own titanium handles. I can not imagine using the Paradigm Titanium without the included handle as it is the perfect complement to the head assembly. Since the handle is tapered (wider at the bottom than the top, it does not get away from you when shaving. The shallow machined chevrons add to the grip, but are easy to clean. Little details, like the convex bottom of the handle, are something I truly appreciate. This is a subtle and simple razor. “Simple” is exceedingly hard to do well.

Cleaning this razor is easy with its channeled shaving slots, base plate rectangle pin slot and the rectangle blade alignment tabs. I much prefer rectangular blade alignment tabs to circular pins. I disassemble and clean all pieces of my modern SE and DE razors after each shave, oil the blade, and reassemble the razor for its next shave. The easier it is to clean a razor, the more time I have for other things. Easy cleaning also speaks to the design of the razor.

My preferred means of shaving is a straight razor. Straight razor shaving has taught, and still is teaching me, a comprehensive lesson about what constitutes shaving. In turn, this has made me a far better shaver no matter what razor I choose when shaving. My first two shaves were quick out of necessity and I used the same Bolzano blade for both. I am surprised at how well I can maneuver this razor with such a light touch—something I attribute to learning straight razor shaving and the lightness of the Paradigm Titanium razor. My next two shaves were with a blade I utterly dread: Feather. However, the light touch this razor affords yields a BBS comparable to any SE blade I have used which is significant for me. There are three areas on my face (one at my jawline, another at the end of the opposite jawline, and the last on the side of my neck that are difficult to shave thoroughly without reaching the point of irritation with other DE razors—not with the Paradigm Titanium. I am a manic buffer and in being such you are a candidate for razor burn. All of my shaves with this razor, and any blade selected, have been nick and burn-free. For me, and I never thought I would ever say this, the Paradigm Titanium is the consummate companion DE razor to my straight razors. Obviously, the head/blade geometry coupled with this razor’s weight work in perfect unison for the type of shaving I do and my beard/skin type.

Price can easily become a deterrent to owning shaving razors, the Paradigm Titanium is no exception. However, just the looks and styling, let alone its shaving abilities, makes me wish I owned one. Craftsmanship is on par with only one other razor maker: James Duflor. That pretty much says it all.

Initially, I had set out to do a series of photo comparisons with other razors to demonstrate scale and blade geometry  as I have in the past, but instead spent the time shaving and hand-polishing it to learn every surface of this razor. To me, there really is no other razor to compare with as it beats all the DE razors I currently own. This is very special razor for those like me where it can hold its own regarding the level of shaving satisfaction that I receive from a straight razor—a feat in itself.

I have but one question: Will there ever be an adjustable version of this razor available?

[Image: paM6fMI.jpg]
Shown above are my current favorite two razors: The Paradigm Titanium and a custom straight by the master craftsman Tim Zowada. The Zowada is intentionally out-of-focus as this article is about the Paradigm Titanium.

13 626
 11-04-2017, 10:17 AM
User Info
Gents, we've come to the end of this long and fun journey.  

More details to come on the contest so for now, I want to thank everyone for their participation and thoughtful care of this fine razor.  I hope everyone enjoyed the experience, some new products and certainly this fine razor.

I'm certainly biased, but the Paradigm knows few if any peers and I'm lucky to own one.

More soon!

73 4,305
 11-04-2017, 10:25 AM
User Info
This was a great pass around.  Thanks Phil for sponsoring and Bill for managing the process and logistics.   I really enjoyed my time with the Paradigm and appreciated reading everyone's comments.  This was a special razor and a very unique opportunity to get to know it!  Thank you!

18 1,655
 11-04-2017, 10:38 AM
User Info
(11-04-2017, 10:17 AM)TexBilly Wrote: Gents, we've come to the end of this long and fun journey.  

Billy, thanks for running this great tour.  It was a total success.

50 6,277
 11-04-2017, 10:47 AM
User Info
Very nice review DB. 
Nice str8 btw.

8 1,178
 11-04-2017, 11:01 AM
User Info
I have been following this thread and the ones before on this razor with an inquisitive mind since the launch happened while I was on The Nook already.

Excellent photo shoots of the razor and even better experiences made this a very interesting thread for me.

It's beyond my means at this point but some day I wish to own one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 834