04-04-2017, 01:16 PM
User Info
Hi everybody
I'm one of those guys who have sung the praise for Jabonman and especially his new premium tallow line.
I love it alot! I even put it on my top 5 favourite soaps for last year, even though I got very late.
I love the scents, postshave is great, I love the consistency of the lather, but I have to admit now, that I'm having some problems with protection during my shave.
I still seem to get some (way to many I think..) minor nicks, which I dont get with my other top soaps like CRSW, B&M, Nuavia etc.
I have tried to add more water, to the point where its almost running (but not quite). This is how I dialled in CRSW and B&M, but I still cant seem to get the same kind of protection from my Jabonman Tallow.
I really love Manuels soaps, and dont want to give up on them.

Do any of you guys who rate Jabonman Tallow highly have any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong?

Have you had simular problems and how did you solve them?

I have very soft water, and almost always use my ATT S2 with Polsilver SI's. Same conditions as with my other soaps..

1 112
 04-04-2017, 06:48 PM
User Info
This is the first that I have heard of this happening and it is very unfortunate. 
I have been using Manuel's tallow soaps and I have never encountered any issues, whatsoever. 
I can't think of anything that would cause this as I find it has great 'cushion' (I use DEs). 

Is the soap the only variable that is different in your shaves? 

Best of luck resolving your issue, but fortunately, if you cannot, you already have quite a few excellent soaps.  Shy

83 21,115
 04-05-2017, 03:20 AM
User Info
I, too, am taken by surprise by this happening.

I've been using Manuel's soaps in both formulations(veggie & tallow) and have never encountered a lack of protection in either.
My only thought is whether you need to load more product. This V2 tallow formula has a lower level of coconut oil compared to many others. Not sure how you proceed, but I would suggest loading with a drier brush from the start, lightly dipping the tips of the brush in water, two or three times whilst loading.

Good luck, and let us know it this has any benefit.

32 5,293
 04-05-2017, 03:32 AM
User Info
Agreed with David .
Please load little more usual. Or try to load little every pass !! That should fix the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 04-06-2017, 07:06 AM
User Info
Hi guys.

Thanks for the replies.
I will try to load more product and see if it helps.
My two soaps are Fougere and Incienso (absolutly amazing scents both), both V.2 Tallow, and the only variable in my shaves are the soaps.
We will see what happens over the next couple of shaves..

1 112
 04-06-2017, 07:42 AM
User Info
(04-06-2017, 07:06 AM)tyson81 Wrote: Hi guys.

Thanks for the replies.
I will try to load more product and see if it helps.
My two soaps are Fougere and Incienso (absolutly amazing scents both), both V.2 Tallow, and the only variable in my shaves are the soaps.
We will see what happens over the next couple of shaves..

Good luck, Afam.

Just to give an indicator of loading time, with my 30mm brushes, I generally load for 35-40 seconds, having wet, then squeezed the brush. Two to three further light dips in water whilst loading should be adequate. I, also, use the soap from dry, with no prior wetting of its surface.

32 5,293