04-05-2017, 01:31 PM
User Info
This is the Barbear Classico 2017 Limited Edition Brush.  A Semogue with a synthetic knot.  It is a beautiful, well made brush with a very nice fit and finish.  Since this is my first synthetic knot brush, I am not sure what to expect.  I assume it will be similar to a badger silver tip.  The end of the knot is silky smooth and it appears to have a good backbone.  I look forward to giving it a test run.

I consider myself fortunate to acquire one.  Thanks to Bruno at Vintage Scent and Barbear Classico for making this brush a reality.

[Image: Jb9KbCV.jpg][Image: M61cHqk.jpg]

21 751
 04-05-2017, 02:10 PM
User Info
Interesting that Barbear Classico would choose a synthetic for its LE.  It looks like it may be a Plisson type knot.  What are the knot diameter and loft?

I've always felt that a synthetic should be approached as the distinct hair type that it is, and not as an imitation badger.  A synthetic in not an imitation badger, just like a boar is not an imitation badger.  I think that keeping this in mind allows for a more objective evaluation.

We'll look forward to your thoughts on the knot.

48 5,698
 04-05-2017, 04:17 PM
User Info
Interesting choice for sure for a synthetic Semogue. Love the blue color in the 2040 handle. My favorite Semogue LE of all time was their 2010 Silvertip. Absolutely a wonderful brush, and through sheer luck I got my favorite number of 17. Extra special because of that. Enjoy your new brush, and share your impressions of it with us when you can. Smile

21 607